PDA

View Full Version : Comet/slice storage

Greenville Pyro
07-07-2021, 04:05 PM
This is my first year shooting 1.4 pro. Now that everything is over I?m packing up for the season. I have a lot of broken cases with about half of the slices and comments missing. What do you guys used to store them other than the boxes? I?m guessing Rubbermaid? Do you do them all together and then have to dig through them? Just looking for any suggestions

cduesman
07-07-2021, 06:49 PM
I try to keep things in the original boxes. If I have partials, I'll sometimes combine a couple items into one box. I print labels for each item and stick it to the boxes so I can easily find things.

I also kept a bunch of the boxes from the artillery shells. So for smaller things like comets/mines/gerbs/strobes, I'll put them in one of those boxes and put a label on it. I like those boxes as they have lids.

I have some little packets of Silica gel Desiccants I try to toss one or two into each box. (Not sure if they really do anything, but they where cheap.)

I print out easy to read labels that have the part number/desc and the logo of the manufacturer. It makes it easy to find stuff. I also keep an inventory in Google Sheets. It's free and you can access it on a computer or phone anywhere.

Chris

R. Derrick
07-08-2021, 09:19 AM
This is my first year shooting 1.4 pro. Now that everything is over I?m packing up for the season. I have a lot of broken cases with about half of the slices and comments missing. What do you guys used to store them other than the boxes? I?m guessing Rubbermaid? Do you do them all together and then have to dig through them? Just looking for any suggestions

I've been wondering this myself. (spartanburg here btw - new to 1.4pro as well and cobra)

I see people use rubbermaid totes, but I also know they have static to them... I'm guessing that won't be an issue? I like what was mentioned here about original boxes and it is what I've been doing. I've used Girl Scout cookie boxes for the cannisters. perfect size! But I would definitely do cardboard because it will also absorb any moisture? But definitely label the outside and combine as best you can.

If you're extra (like I'm considering) label the boxes - and create an excel inventory list)

Mattp
07-08-2021, 11:03 AM
I keep all in the original boxes and plastic.. if only one or two than I’ll combine boxes … but I keep an inventory of all.. usually just keep my receipt and write on that and cross out or tally each item as I use it … just makes it easier than digging through every time and wondering what you have