PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

JMartin
07-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Hi, Jeff here and I am new to forum. I have a few years of backyard display fun and made the first move to get my license in Ohio. I just ordered the DVD set and am about to join the NFA....any other advise or organizations here in Ohio that would be beneficial to me I would love to hear about so I can look into it. Anyone familiar with the firework farm in Marion,OH? I am about to contact them in a few days see what help they can provide me. Thanks and looking forward to furthering my hobby and maybe future career! Who knows!!

215less
07-07-2021, 11:19 PM
Hello and welcome Jeff. Good luck with the process in obtaining your type 54 user permit. The forums are of great information. Look into attending a PGI course too as it will help you learn about the product being used and inspectors like knowing you have received some type of training.

Keep us updated on your progress.

JMartin
07-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Thanks 215less for the reply...I will look into seeing when the next PGI course is (one close to me anyway here in central ohio) and I will post my progress. Thanks again!!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Hey there Jeff. Welcome aboard. Always good to have new blood on the boards. As 215less stated, there are lots of smart, experienced pyro's in here. So don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.

JMartin
08-04-2021, 11:17 AM
Thanks Rick, I have been busy with work lately... but i will keep in touch as progress continues!

displayfireworks1
08-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Thanks 215less for the reply...I will look into seeing when the next PGI course is (one close to me anyway here in central ohio) and I will post my progress. Thanks again!!

I am teaching an October ATF license class specific to future 1.3 fireworks customers at Kellner's Fireworks in Barkeyville Pennsylvania. Immediately following is a PGI shooter course. My class may be full but I'm sure they can add more to the shooter course.
https://www.kellfire.com/events
https://img.bestplaces.net/images/city/4204136_PA_Barkeyville.png

JMartin
12-11-2021, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the info Displayfireworks1, and sorry for late response as I have been really busy with work still (collision industry). I should start having more free time to get back to my interest in firework displays come first of the year. Please keep me in mind for future classes as I am very interested. Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! Light up that sky for the new year!!