PDA

View Full Version : July 4th 2021 - Cobra Fired! / Flame machine ..well caught fire.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-06-2021, 07:57 PM
here is my show had some issues with bad quick plug (my end not a factory issue) that caused 1 of my 30shot racks not fire, also had one of my cheap Ebay flame machines burst into flames lol

https://youtu.be/dUX82zH2kCU

CozmicRooster
07-06-2021, 09:23 PM
Great show! Very well done.

Arles
07-06-2021, 09:33 PM
Fun show, good stuff

Engineer Cat
07-06-2021, 11:41 PM
Nice show man!

gecko2015
07-06-2021, 11:48 PM
That was a really good show! But you got to admit, your flame pot catching on fire right at the exact moment the lyrics says "Somebody call 911, shorty fire burning on the dance floor" couldn't have been more perfectly timed! LOL :cool:

bigmike06
07-07-2021, 12:12 PM
Good Show. I agree with Gecko. If it was going to happen, it was the perfect time for it to catch fire.

It is probably the O-Ring where the nozzle from the can goes in. I have a bunch of Viton O-Rings for replacements. If you want to meet up somewhere I will give you some. I had to change all of mine already. I had 2 out of 5 with leaks after the first use.

Mike

Mattp
07-07-2021, 12:44 PM
Great job,, I was watching wondering which one was gonna catch.. my guess was right .. lol.. you really ramped it up toward the end… had a couple low breaks I saw too!! Whoever was putting that flame out has some jumbo balls going out there mid show with the other flames still live … haha.. but got the job done

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-07-2021, 03:46 PM
That was a really good show! But you got to admit, your flame pot catching on fire right at the exact moment the lyrics says "Somebody call 911, shorty fire burning on the dance floor" couldn't have been more perfectly timed! LOL :cool:

I didn't notice that at the time lol I just rushed out there and put it out!!

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Great job,, I was watching wondering which one was gonna catch.. my guess was right .. lol.. you really ramped it up toward the end… had a couple low breaks I saw too!! Whoever was putting that flame out has some jumbo balls going out there mid show with the other flames still live … haha.. but got the job done

That was ME!!! i forgot to disable the flame machines before I got the hose!!...I was mid firefighting when I realized that I was spraying water on electricity and had to unplug them haha.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-07-2021, 03:53 PM
Good Show. I agree with Gecko. If it was going to happen, it was the perfect time for it to catch fire.

It is probably the O-Ring where the nozzle from the can goes in. I have a bunch of Viton O-Rings for replacements. If you want to meet up somewhere I will give you some. I had to change all of mine already. I had 2 out of 5 with leaks after the first use.

Mike

Mike I travel for work and wont be back for a few weeks but I would love to meet up with a fellow pyro and talk fireworks. do you have a SKU for the orings? maybe i can find them online as well? i was about to sell all of mine because this was the 2nd one i have had go down...but if i can make them more reliable and let dangerous ill give them another shot.

bigmike06
07-07-2021, 07:50 PM
Mike I travel for work and wont be back for a few weeks but I would love to meet up with a fellow pyro and talk fireworks. do you have a SKU for the orings? maybe i can find them online as well? i was about to sell all of mine because this was the 2nd one i have had go down...but if i can make them more reliable and let dangerous ill give them another shot.

I got them from mcmaster Carr. I'll have to check the order history when I get to work in the morning. They come in 100 packs, so I have plenty of extras.

bigmike06
07-08-2021, 07:21 AM
The McMaster Carr part number is 5267T15.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-08-2021, 08:05 AM
The McMaster Carr part number is 5267T15.

I appreciate that bud, we will still have to meet up and talk Pyro. Hey I see your type 54 if you don't mind me asking are you self storage or contingency? Been so back and fourth on getting mine.

R. Derrick
07-08-2021, 09:09 AM
Enjoyed the show! Nicely done! :) That purge intro was a nice lil touch ;)

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-08-2021, 09:13 AM
Enjoyed the show! Nicely done! :) That purge intro was a nice lil touch ;)

Yeah that was my littlr touch for Covid and the state of the country currently lol

bigmike06
07-08-2021, 11:09 AM
I appreciate that bud, we will still have to meet up and talk Pyro. Hey I see your type 54 if you don't mind me asking are you self storage or contingency? Been so back and fourth on getting mine.

Currently contingency. Hopefully in a month or so self. Depends on how busy I am for work. I have some traveling to do my self for work in a few weeks.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-08-2021, 09:47 PM
Currently contingency. Hopefully in a month or so self. Depends on how busy I am for work. I have some traveling to do my self for work in a few weeks.

gonna send you a PM with my contact info

Birdman
07-12-2021, 03:19 PM
Really good show. I watched it when it was first posted and forgot to comment. I chuckle every time I read the subject of this post. I was looking for the flame machine to catch fire a got caught up watching the rest of the show and missed it. Had to go back and look for where it happened. Rather amusing and really didn't effect the show one bit.

esgrillo
07-12-2021, 03:39 PM

bigmike06 is 100% right. I have had 2 versions of the chinese flame machines. The first ones had rubber seals and leaked like crazy after one use. I got some better ones now that have twin flames and came with nitrile seals. They do not leak. I think vitol is even better than nitrile so if you can get those replaced with that it would work.

If you cant, try contacting the vendor on Alibaba if you can find them and see if you can by some new nozzles with better seal material.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Really good show. I watched it when it was first posted and forgot to comment. I chuckle every time I read the subject of this post. I was looking for the flame machine to catch fire a got caught up watching the rest of the show and missed it. Had to go back and look for where it happened. Rather amusing and really didn't effect the show one bit.

Well since I know where the flames were being used to me the show was bad but we are our own worst critic. Everyone else loved the show... Except 1 guy a few doors down, he watched the whole show then came to complain that he thought hot ash was falling on his house.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-16-2021, 08:55 AM
bigmike06 is 100% right. I have had 2 versions of the chinese flame machines. The first ones had rubber seals and leaked like crazy after one use. I got some better ones now that have twin flames and came with nitrile seals. They do not leak. I think vitol is even better than nitrile so if you can get those replaced with that it would work.

If you cant, try contacting the vendor on Alibaba if you can find them and see if you can by some new nozzles with better seal material.

I am gonna try the seals first and then see how it goes, I'd like to get thr propane ones but they are pricey.

WithReport
07-16-2021, 04:10 PM
Nice show - interesting and unfortunate on the flame machine. You can see the unit always had a lingering burning flame when it shut off - maybe a leak like suggested. Or maybe the solenoid wasn't fully closing. Seems like it must have been leaking fuel and then it all ignited. I'll point out it looks like someone was spraying the 110V system down with a garden hose.

There may be safer systems out there, but even the propane ones have a expose hose to a larger fuel tank - the whole Tennessee Titans flame machine failure was due to damage in the feeder hose. For some reason, I feel somewhat comfortable with the smaller 11oz cans.

I know someone who had a unit that wasn't always igniting the spray, so the top of the unit and the "burn chamber" was getting wet with fuel. When it did ignite, it's though that the collected fuel burned and it damaged the wiring in the burn chamber to the solenoid and it failed open and burned and drained the can.

I found that you don't want the arcing contacts in the spray, but to the side of them. If they are getting soaked, you may not get clean arcs. Once I had those positions dialed in, mine have been consistently igniting the spray. I ran a tests a few weeks ago where I ran pulses and drained cans on 4 units - 100% ignition.

With that said, I had some DMX issues this year. I was a bit rushed and didn't get a chance to test run my DMX script and I think I hand one unit on the wrong channel - I still need to go figure that out.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-18-2021, 10:26 AM
Nice show - interesting and unfortunate on the flame machine. You can see the unit always had a lingering burning flame when it shut off - maybe a leak like suggested. Or maybe the solenoid wasn't fully closing. Seems like it must have been leaking fuel and then it all ignited. I'll point out it looks like someone was spraying the 110V system down with a garden hose.

There may be safer systems out there, but even the propane ones have a expose hose to a larger fuel tank - the whole Tennessee Titans flame machine failure was due to damage in the feeder hose. For some reason, I feel somewhat comfortable with the smaller 11oz cans.

I know someone who had a unit that wasn't always igniting the spray, so the top of the unit and the "burn chamber" was getting wet with fuel. When it did ignite, it's though that the collected fuel burned and it damaged the wiring in the burn chamber to the solenoid and it failed open and burned and drained the can.

I found that you don't want the arcing contacts in the spray, but to the side of them. If they are getting soaked, you may not get clean arcs. Once I had those positions dialed in, mine have been consistently igniting the spray. I ran a tests a few weeks ago where I ran pulses and drained cans on 4 units - 100% ignition.

With that said, I had some DMX issues this year. I was a bit rushed and didn't get a chance to test run my DMX script and I think I hand one unit on the wrong channel - I still need to go figure that out.

I appreciate the feed back, and yes your right about the seals leaking being the problem as well as the safety of using a hose it was on a GFIC outlet and would have tripped but in the moment I didn't think about pulling the plug until right after I started putting the fire out.