PDA

View Full Version : July 3rd Show

jtfannin
07-06-2021, 07:24 PM
Not as good as most but I am super proud of this year?s show.

https://vimeo.com/570975082

Engineer Cat
07-06-2021, 08:45 PM

Not as good as most? You mean like Grucci? :D

This show was fantastic. Excellent job on this. Good mix of music. A little for everyone.

I only cared to record one of my shows a few years back. This year I setup a closeup cam on the cakes and mortars and one that I thought was far enough away but both videos turned out crappy. I did have two people send me videos of this year. One was to close so it's not in frame and it looks like sky puke. Another vid from someone who did a motion time-lapse on his Iphone so the final video is super fast speed. That looks pretty cool its just stupid quick. But after seeing that I know where I need to put a camera next year.

Greenville Pyro
07-06-2021, 09:08 PM
Very impressed. Good use of negative space. I am in love with the ghost slice at about a minute and a half in.

jtfannin
07-06-2021, 09:46 PM
Very impressed. Good use of negative space. I am in love with the ghost slice at about a minute and a half in.

That slice was a big hit.

cduesman
07-06-2021, 09:47 PM
Nice show! There's some nice product in there and you fit it nicely to the music.

Chris

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2021, 02:02 AM
Dude! Not as good as most?! You need to put down the crack pipe. You crushed it!! I loved the way you used what I call the "quiet effects" like slices, mines, strobes, comets, etc. to not overpower the music. The show had hard hitting effects when it was appropriate, but you did a great job of using the quiet effects to compliment the music, and the effects stood on their own. I'm a big fan of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and Polynesian music in general. Reminds me of when I used to live in Hawaii. I loved the use of yellow effects. I don't think I've ever seen as much yellow in one show. It worked very well IMHO. You also mixed up the effects and colors very nicely.

Very nicely done!! People should be taking note of your show when planning their own.

jtfannin
07-07-2021, 03:15 AM
Rick

Super kind words. Appreciate the feedback. I guess I need to relax when it comes to critiquing my own show.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2021, 03:38 AM
Rick

Super kind words. Appreciate the feedback. I guess I need to relax when it comes to critiquing my own show.

Uh, yeah! Lol... When you hit one out of the park, it's okay to stand there and admire your work. :cool:

Mattp
07-07-2021, 07:41 AM
HAHAHA!!!!! "not as good as most"??? your being sarcastic right..you pulled the rope a dope.. i was expecting something ok.. but that was insane dude!!! you had a beautiful shoot site and used every inch of it... the timing,, the music.. the effects.. HOME RUN for sure !!!

jtfannin
07-07-2021, 09:29 AM
HAHAHA!!!!! "not as good as most"??? your being sarcastic right..you pulled the rope a dope.. i was expecting something ok.. but that was insane dude!!! you had a beautiful shoot site and used every inch of it... the timing,, the music.. the effects.. HOME RUN for sure !!!

Being only the 3rd year doing an e-fire show I guess I still compare to the guys that have the luxury of doing a cue a second. Clearly they are in a different class. Definitely appreciate that you guys like this one as much as I do.

bigmike06
07-07-2021, 10:44 AM
That was a fine piece of work. I liked the intro song how it builds up suspense. Hand Clap is on my short list to do also. My hats off to you. Fine Job :cool:

Mattp
07-07-2021, 12:27 PM
Being only the 3rd year doing an e-fire show I guess I still compare to the guys that have the luxury of doing a cue a second. Clearly they are in a different class. Definitely appreciate that you guys like this one as much as I do.

Haha.. yes.. year by year we?ll get there.. another module here and there? but then the thought of wiring that much .. .. and how time consuming .. but it would be nice to not be limited by cue count

PyroFL
07-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Very very good show!

Congrats!!!

Wish mine was that clean

jtfannin
07-07-2021, 07:53 PM
Very very good show!

Congrats!!!

Wish mine was that clean

Thanks. Now to start planning for next year.

ssmith512
07-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Eh, it was OK I guess.......;) ;) ;) :D

REALLY excellent show!! I have enjoyed watching it several times!

We are our own worst critic when it comes to our own shows...it's natural. It keeps us pushing to be better each and every time and we all benefit from it. Keep it up man!!

jtfannin
07-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Eh, it was OK I guess.......;) ;) ;) :D

REALLY excellent show!! I have enjoyed watching it several times!

We are our own worst critic when it comes to our own shows...it's natural. It keeps us pushing to be better each and every time and we all benefit from it. Keep it up man!!

I really am glad the video turned out well. I also enjoy watching it throughout the off season.

Birdman
07-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Somehow I missed this????? This is not better then most...It's among the best of the best! You should be super proud!

jtfannin
07-12-2021, 07:36 PM
Somehow I missed this????? This is not better then most...It's among the best of the best! You should be super proud!

Thanks Birdman. I am proud of this show and i am blown away that so many pyros have such great things to say about it.

Okimarine
07-12-2021, 09:48 PM

Very good show. My show if half as good as yours, not choreographed with music (no music at all actually), and the timing is done with my finger on a chinese system and everyone loves them. I want to do something like this in the near future (next couple years). What system did you use if you don't mind me asking? Again, great job.

jtfannin
07-13-2021, 06:28 AM
Very good show. My show if half as good as yours, not choreographed with music (no music at all actually), and the timing is done with my finger on a chinese system and everyone loves them. I want to do something like this in the near future (next couple years). What system did you use if you don't mind me asking? Again, great job.

Thanks. Cobra. 1 72m. 2 36m. 3 18m. 23 6s slats.

esgrillo
07-13-2021, 08:45 AM
This is a really good show. Not sure what you're talking about lol. Anyone that starts with a slow beginning and builds up with the use of strobes and gerbs is going to be a winner in my book lol.

I see lots of good and familiar product in there too. Have to ask, is that a bunch of bump bear going off in you finale at about the 17:40mark?

jtfannin
07-13-2021, 08:56 AM
This is a really good show. Not sure what you're talking about lol. Anyone that starts with a slow beginning and builds up with the use of strobes and gerbs is going to be a winner in my book lol.

I see lots of good and familiar product in there too. Have to ask, is that a bunch of bump bear going off in you finale at about the 17:40mark?

There is actually 1 case of bump bear spread on 3 stations followed by 2 cases of big dawg on 3 stations. Not saying I got the idea from you but I totally stole the idea from you. You are the gold standard in my book and I look forward to your show every year.

esgrillo
07-13-2021, 08:59 AM
lmao..... thats awesome! 76 will love you buying cases of bump bear. Plus they are about the cheapest 200g cake out there and look good when you fuse a bunch together because they are single effect with no "finale".... perfect for that.

Birdman
07-13-2021, 11:10 AM
I'm totally not planning on using Bump Bears next year :rolleyes:

OK...OK.....I am planning on it. I Even tested a 1/2 dozen of them in a small show I did in June.

jtfannin
07-13-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm totally not planning on using Bump Bears next year :rolleyes:

OK...OK.....I am planning on it. I Even tested a 1/2 dozen of them in a small show I did in June.

I used Martin Bombers one year as well. Similar effect.

WithReport
07-14-2021, 08:49 PM
That was really good - own it!

jtfannin
07-15-2021, 07:53 PM
That was really good - own it!

Thank you. Noted.

Chiefsfan00
07-17-2021, 04:23 PM
Nice show it looked great!!