PDA

View Full Version : our 2021 extravaganza is now up

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-06-2021, 09:11 AM
I finally got our 2021 show up on youtube. We were hoping to get it shot in a 1/2 hour but it ran about 43 minutes. It was one of those days spent watching radar all afternoon. Finally about 8pm the weather cleared and we rushed to put out the product. Thankfully we had our nephews and our niece down from out of state. The 2 nephews and our niece's boyfriend jumped in to help move everything out into the field. I gave the guys a quick safety talk and showed them how to wire the mjg's into our cues. If it wouldn't have been for them, we'd still be wiring!

Our neighbors all had people over. In fact, next door they had a family reunion so they could watch the fireworks. Yesterday morning a neighbor came up and introduced herself and wanted to give me a hug for the show. Her grandkids loved it. She even brought us a fresh baked loaf of bread!

We use 2 bilusocn systems. One is for the cakes and the other for the mortar shells. I think we had a little over 100 cakes and about 420 shells. We had 10 62mm preloads and 20 canisters all e-matched for a shot over a cake.

If you can't sit through this long video, at least check out the last 10 minutes or so. I think our finales came out well this year.
https://youtu.be/S2DK3JIRBhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2DK3JIRBhA

Arles
07-06-2021, 11:57 AM
I know many will disagree, but I think you start losing people when you hit 15 mins, and even sooner depending on the content.

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-06-2021, 12:04 PM
I like to try for 30 mins but this went a little long. A few of the racks didn't go as quickly as we had hoped, so that slowed it down in the middle. To me, a 15min show means too much going on at one time. I like to see what the cake I am shooting has for effects.

Monstertke
07-06-2021, 06:52 PM
I know many will disagree, but I think you start losing people when you hit 15 mins, and even sooner depending on the content.

I agree with you 100%. More bigger faster, more better.

Fox One
07-06-2021, 07:56 PM
I am probably an oddball here, but personally, I prefer a long show. Hell, an entire hour would be fine with me. I mean we are pyros after all. What is not to love? Anyone that can't remain focused longer than 10 or 15 minutes on a nice show probably isn't someone who cares about fireworks all that much in the first place. This is one of the things that frustrates me about modern American society. It seems we have to dumb down everything to meet the needs of the lowest common denominator.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2021, 03:47 AM
Fox One - I would respectfully disagree. At least with regard to pyro. We had a similar debate last year about pyro musicals vs. a purist "nothing but pyro" show. I think the same rule applies to long vs. short shows. It's like comparing steak to lobster. Both are entirely different. Neither one is better than the other. Which you choose is personal preference. That's it. If you really want steak and someone convinces you that you need the lobster instead, then that's on you. You eat what you want, and I'll eat what I want.

Mattp
07-07-2021, 07:25 AM
looks good.. i did skim through because i dont have 45 mins right now..lol.. but what i saw looked great... like the finale for sure !!! i was in the same boat as you.. i shoot in NEPA . checking radar/ rained all day.. but at like 5PM i said i gotta start to bring it out and cover it ... so we got completely soaked.. the product can handle some wetness .. 7pm rainbows came out and it was smooth sailing till show time.... ALSo .. like rick said.. it is all personal preference...but for me i would prefer under/up to 20 min of hard hitting show

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-07-2021, 08:04 AM
Yes, length of a show is highly subjective. Like I said, I wanted a 1/2 hour but some fusing was slower than we thought. We had people in from all over and didn't want to disappoint them with a quick show. Our one nephew and his wife got up very early and made an 8 hour drive from Vermont. Our other nephew and niece & their significant others drove in from Connecticut. Some of our neighbors said they prefer our longer displays. Anyway, to each their own. At the end of the day it is still pyro and it is still fun!

R. Derrick
07-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Enjoyed your show! I can sit and watch for hours but a lot of people can't. You're right, it's very subjective... and carrying on to Rick's analogy of steak vs lobster ... the only time I order lobster is on a cruise - and I always do at least once; but I will never order it in a restaurant that's not already paid for. lol I'll sit for an hour long show if someone else had paid for the fireworks lol - but funding an hour long show it a different story haha

As for being able to see each cake - I couldn't agree with you more!!! If I spent that money on something, I want to see what it's doing! I understand not everyone else will know, but that's for me :) I imagine you're the same way.

Great job getting set up and firing off the show. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it! I watched the last 10 minutes like you suggested and I love how it was like - nope! Not done yet :)