PDA

View Full Version : One of the greatest marketing schemes............

RalphieJ
07-05-2021, 08:17 PM
..........since some clever Madison Avenue exec suggested to print "Rinse, repeat" on the side of a bottle of shampoo, "The Great Fireworks Shortage of 2021" that never came to pass, while driving up prices 30, 40, 50% or more. Don't we feel foolish now? Or did we miss out on that "By One, Get 5,000 Free" at some fireworks superstore that everyone else was in on except us? Locally here in the Mid-Hudson Valley, it was non-stop rapid artillery fire from 1:00 to (thankfully) 10:00 pm. I haven't seen firework litter in the streets since the NYC Chinatown celebrations of the 1960's. Kudos to all of those involved in this carefully concerted scam, you really pulled the wool over our eyes, while making out like bandits in the night. And since this appears to be "The New Normal", I'm not holding my breath in hoping that "pre-shortage" prices will return.

Mattp
07-05-2021, 09:44 PM
people were shooting around here just like last year… maybe even more.. it was pretty insane in a 360? around me !!!
But I’ll tell you what… as someone who does most of my firework shopping online … almost all of the online companies had next to nothing in stock for over a month already!!! I’ve Never seen that happen before …SO76 literally had nothing in stock 2 weeks ago .. their website was practically blank.. I had all my stuff for 6months already.. but am always looking on the websites

crayzkirk
07-05-2021, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure; several of the local tents were completely sold out and others had a very limited selection. I bought more than I usually do and we had two pretty good shows. Well, not really a show... just three of us randomly lighting cakes, mortars and fountains with people watching. Permanent stores in the area certainly didn't have any issues with products however I wasn't impressed with the Black Cat brand fireworks. Got some black ball tipped rockets where the balls just fell off the rockets when we opened the package, the large rockets were just a bigger cardboard tube around a normal rocket and prices were about 50% higher than what I am used to.

As a kid, they might have been the best you could get however they seem to be priced like TNT and perform similarly.

mikepete777
07-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Bingo, bongo.....I shopped at tnt and Wholesale fw, (phantom had a line to get in...no thanks) plenty of people and plenty of product and this was on the 4th. The stores are right off I95 so crazy prices are expected, picked up a pack of platinum Excaliburs (needed the guns) and tried a few cakes. Prices weren't bad/not good either compared to end of 2020. But I believe you are 100% correct, never would've tried if my nephew hadn't asked last minute. Was scared away by everyone talking about how bad the prices were. Thought it wasn`t worth it spending money, just to possibly get confiscated again.

barehm
07-06-2021, 01:52 PM
distributors in WI were cleaned out. I don't know about retail, but all the wholesalers I checked had no stock - very different than past years.

joeld1212
07-06-2021, 11:36 PM
I had a hell of a time getting product. Had to go to my 4th or 5th option for much of my display. My last few cases didn't make it to the warehouse until 6/29.