PDA

View Full Version : I called their bluff and shot my show!!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-05-2021, 03:11 PM
So despite having an asshat for a neighbor that threatened to shut me down and have me arrested, I called their bluff and shot my show. We actually had a police helicopter fly over and circle the show twice before it flew away. I thought how cool would it be for the cops to land in the middle of my show! lol...

Had a nice sized crowd show up and we didn't get a drop of rain all day. Setup time took about 5 hours and I was back in the house at 2pm. Got a nap until 7pm, then shot the show at 9pm. Everything went amazingly well! Everything fired. Minimal black sky. The crowd loved it. Many told me it was the best show they have ever seen. Some said my show was better than what Disney puts on. I was very pleased.

So here's the video! Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/pHhAVglgs3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhAVglgs3A

Berserker23
07-05-2021, 03:16 PM
I’m glad you didn’t back down and no Karen’s tried to stop it lol you will probably receive another letter hopefully you show us, you always have awesome shows I’m going to watch your show.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Thank you Sir. I just posted that persons letter on our HOA Face Book page and I dedicated last night's show to the person that wrote it. There were a ton of people in attendance that enjoyed the show. So I suggested to the letter writer that sending threatening and intimidating letters is not the way to be a good neighbor. Sometimes you have to let other people enjoy their rights, even though you disagree with those rights and/or you chose not to enjoy the same rights. I think that's what the word "tolerance" means.

Fox One
07-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Rick, you always seem to have the smoothest shows that are so well planned out. They just flow so perfectly from one part to the next.

I am glad you did your show. And I doubt you will be hearing anything else from the busy body neighbor who sent the letter.

ssmith512
07-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Good for you!

EdwardH
07-05-2021, 10:12 PM
Wow! Awesome. I learned a lot from watching this show in terms of timing and use of effects. Glad it worked out OK considering the unfortunate issue.

Mattp
07-06-2021, 10:39 AM
great show rick!! great song list!! really glad you got a weather break this year (lord knows you deserve it) and you even squeezed in a nap!! LOL... now thats impressive!!!

Birdman
07-06-2021, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear you had a rather easy setup and no drama. Another excellent show! Love you did Firework by KP. I lost it when that song came on. I had to explain to everyone watching your show with me why I found it so funny. BTW...they all loved your show too!

Wish mine went as smooth as yours (long setup and audio issues), but I'll save that for another post.

mikepete777
07-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Seems like the Karen/Ken's of the world need to get a life

God Bless America
07-06-2021, 07:15 PM
Thank you for another very well choreographed, kick ass display! Keep up the great work....God Bless America

Kooooou
07-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Beautifully choreographed show as usual, and glad you didn't let the cancel neighbor cancel you. Karens of all genders don't realize they are nothing but a lite form of communism. USA!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2021, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I really appreciate it!!

Jay_
07-07-2021, 07:49 AM
Great show Rick, the ghost slices never disappoint.

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-07-2021, 08:05 AM
Great show and the heck with the Karen. She probably enjoyed it anyway.

R. Derrick
07-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Great show Rick! I wonder if you'll get a response from your hater! lol

adultuser
07-07-2021, 09:45 AM
Great show Rick. I loved the symmetry of the two firing stations in parallel. I've used multiple stations but not in parallel like that. Going to "borrow" that in the future :rolleyes:. BTW, what was the silver effect at the 16.35 mark that looked like a wave? Awesome effect. Thanks again.

kharford
07-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Awesome show Rick!! Would love to talk to you sometime about your show prep!!

Bad Alibi Scott
07-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Fantastic show Rick!!! Glad you didn't back down from the crazy neighbor. Also, THANK YOU for your years of service. You're the reason we get to celebrate our freedoms.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2021, 12:19 AM
Great show Rick, the ghost slices never disappoint.

I love the ghost slices!! They never get old.

Great show and the heck with the Karen. She probably enjoyed it anyway.

So far so good. No new nasty letters. Yet. lol...

Great show Rick! I wonder if you'll get a response from your hater! lol

I highly doubt it.

Great show Rick. I loved the symmetry of the two firing stations in parallel. I've used multiple stations but not in parallel like that. Going to "borrow" that in the future :rolleyes:. BTW, what was the silver effect at the 16.35 mark that looked like a wave? Awesome effect. Thanks again.

Thanks! I'll have to check my script and let you know. I'll shoot you a PM when I figure it out.

Awesome show Rick!! Would love to talk to you sometime about your show prep!!

Thanks kharford. I appreciate that. Always happy to help. Shoot me a PM with your questions and I'll be happy to reply with whatever info I can provide!

Fantastic show Rick!!! Glad you didn't back down from the crazy neighbor. Also, THANK YOU for your years of service. You're the reason we get to celebrate our freedoms.

Thanks Scott! Serving was absolutely my pleasure. I enjoyed it immensely. My only regret is I can't do it all over again.

esgrillo
07-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Another great show Rick!

Well choreographed and filmed. Great choice of product. I can tell the audience loved it. Rick has helped me with ideas for my show as well which is always much appreciated. I'll be stealing a few product ideas I am sure again for my next show lol.

Well done!!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-13-2021, 01:44 AM

Sorry for the delay. At 16:35 I had a ton of stuff going off, but I think the cake you're referring to is called "Medalist" by Brothers. Here's a link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_5AZGaJ1c&t=3s

If that's not what you were referring to let me know and I'll try again.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-13-2021, 01:47 AM
Another great show Rick!

Well choreographed and filmed. Great choice of product. I can tell the audience loved it. Rick has helped me with ideas for my show as well which is always much appreciated. I'll be stealing a few product ideas I am sure again for my next show lol.

Well done!!

Thank you Sir! As always, that means a lot coming from you. I have "borrowed" more than 1 idea from you so, I guess we're even. Lol. Loved your show this year. Truly amazing as always.

WithReport
07-14-2021, 07:22 PM
way to go - glad you shot it regardless of the Karen! The show was perfectly patriotic for the 4th.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-15-2021, 05:03 AM
way to go - glad you shot it regardless of the Karen! The show was perfectly patriotic for the 4th.

Thank you Sir! I appreciate that.

Chiefsfan00
07-17-2021, 04:30 PM
Awesome show Rick! I'm glad it turned out good and everyone had a blast. You know how to put on a great show that's for sure.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-18-2021, 12:33 AM
Awesome show Rick! I'm glad it turned out good and everyone had a blast. You know how to put on a great show that's for sure.

Thank you very much! I appreciate that.

bani
07-27-2021, 06:18 AM
recognized a bunch of those cakes, i used a bunch of the same ones this year too :)

Mattp
09-22-2021, 09:05 AM
finally getting around to starting to think about next year.. just watched this again.. really was an amazing show rick!!!..that finale!!! WOW!! so many really nice products... can you recall what 2:48/51... and 3:26/28 were... looks like a finale shot from the cake that was firing.. or could've been a finale cake on its own ...