PDA

View Full Version : My 2021 4th show

ssmith512
07-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Here is my first ever "fireworks production" my neighbor and I put on for the neighborhood. Went well all things considered.

First time Cobra user (I have played around with it and am comfortable and familiar with it - just never shot a full "show" with it)
First time I have scripted a show
First time I have used MJG ignitors
First time I have poked cakes
First time I have setup a sound "system"
First time I have used Audacity and created a soundtrack and mixed/merged/modified audio files
First time I have synched fireworks to music (tried to at least)
First time I have ordered wholesale fireworks and had them delivered from out of state
First time I will have 1.3 product in a display (very little of it 99% of the product is 1.4 or 1.4PRO)
First time I am setting up a multiple location site (Left - Center - Right)
:D

Only had one comet not fire (during the finale), and one cake lasted about 20 seconds SHORTER than anticipated.

1ea 72M, 3ea 18M, 18R2 w/ SMPTE. Cobra system was AWESOME!!! They make is it so damn easy, so damn intuitive. The SMPTE add-on makes a dork like me look like I know what I am doing.

Most of the show is simply fireworks with music in the background. Some of it I tried to intentionally time a burst or effect with the music. Seemed to work out OK.

This forum, Dave, and all of the members have given me so much info and help, both directly and indirectly...couldnt have pulled this off without it.

As a reward, about 20 minutes after the show, I received a plate full of homemade cookies from from some kids in the neighborhood I have never met. Seeing the smiles on their faces made it all worth it!!!

Thanks again pyrotalk.com!

Sorry the music gets quite at times and during the finale, I havent been able to figure out how to perfectly overlay the sound track yet. I need to do some research, download a video editor and learn how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAvaGJjmmgo

Rick_In_Tampa
07-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Very nice show! Very creative. Loved the finale. Great use of effects. Layering was awesome. Great job!!

EdwardH
07-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Wow. That was great!

mikepete777
07-06-2021, 12:35 PM
Nice show, Thanks for sharing........ very creative opening