PDA

View Full Version : 60% chance of rain on Saturday

Engineer Cat
07-01-2021, 03:29 PM
So the forecast for where I'm shooting is saying 60% chance of rain till 6pm. I was planning on bringing the boards with product on it down to the dock and then poke them earlier in the day but I may have to do the poking in the garage and then move the boards when the rain stops. Everything is getting poked besides the racks so I'm not to worried about the cakes. I can cover the fusing on the racks with foil. I thought about bringing them down and throwing a tarp over them but that might not work out to well. I'm more worried about the firing module then anything else but I guess if worse comes to worse I still have plenty of time between when the rain is supposed to stop and when the show will be shot to wire them to the module.

Hope you guys don't have to deal with rain. I did see a post from someone that the show was canceled due to LACK of rain because everything is so dry in that area it's just a tinderbox waiting to go up.

upNdown
07-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Yeah, it stinks. We were planning to shoot Saturday too, but unless the forecast changes dramatically in the next 12 hours, we'll have to move the party to Sunday.

Berserker23
07-01-2021, 07:42 PM
Tarps works great just make sure there’s no holes and when removing the tarps have a couple a people help you and slowly remove the tarp because the water puddles in the middle also they can’t predict the weather until the day of so don’t trust the forecast just be prepared

Mattp
07-01-2021, 11:16 PM
Not sure what size mods you have… but a very good recommendation is to put a 5gallon bucket upside down over them…. But obviously that won’t work if they are very big …. And ya… I’m in the same boat as far as possible weather.. I’ve been checking it everyday… and everyday.. it’s been totally different… just gotta be prepared for the worst I guess

Engineer Cat
07-02-2021, 02:25 AM
Yea, who knows what will happen till the day of. I'll be using a Firelinx firing mod. It might be a little big for a bucket but I will check. That's a great idea. That's really my biggest worry. I do have larger containers that might do the job. I'll just have to do a quick test to make sure the signal isn't weak.

Birdman
07-02-2021, 09:11 AM
Yea, who knows what will happen till the day of. I'll be using a Firelinx firing mod. It might be a little big for a bucket but I will check. That's a great idea. That's really my biggest worry. I do have larger containers that might do the job. I'll just have to do a quick test to make sure the signal isn't weak.

I've used plastic shopping and/or garbage bags to cover my mods.

Engineer Cat
07-02-2021, 12:53 PM
I've used plastic shopping and/or garbage bags to cover my mods.

Hmm that's not a bad idea either. As long as I put it on top of something so its not laying on the ground and stick a bag around it so water doesn't pool, it should be fine.

Thanks Birdman.