PDA

View Full Version : DAMMIT! Our show is cancelled

MontanaMike
06-29-2021, 03:06 PM
Well due to extreme drought and dryness in our area (and fire restrictions in our county) we decided to cancel our show before the fire marshal cancels it for us. Pretty much everyone I have talked to had expressed doubts that it was a good idea to do it, and the manager of our fairgrounds (where the show was to be held) said she would be supportive either way, but would be "relieved" if we called it off. So....... CRAP! I usually get through the winter by planning the next fireworks display, now what am I gonna do next winter??

Arles
06-29-2021, 03:10 PM
Good call.

Labor Day reschedule? Columbus Day? Halloween? Veterans Day? Thanksgiving? Christmas? New Years?

MontanaMike
06-29-2021, 03:48 PM
We have a community fest in August, maybe we'll reschedule then. But, it may be even drier by then -- June is usually our wettest month and we've had almost zero rain all month.

Definitely not a wintertime reschedule though... I'm not one of those cold weather pyros. I'll save 'em for next year's 4th before doing that.

mguerra
06-29-2021, 04:31 PM
We shoot in extreme drought here in Central Texas. I get as big an area around the discharge site as possible mowed, and then I have a brush truck from the VFD water it down around sunset. As an aside, after the shoot is over and after the cool down, I also have the brush truck come and water down the cakes so we don’t get any cake fires later in the night in the dumpster!