PDA

View Full Version : Are the Tannerite snaps made with tanneriite?

upNdown
06-29-2021, 01:11 PM
I don't know if that's a stupid question because of course they are, or if it's a stupid question because of course they're not. I have no idea how that stuff works.
https://tannerite.com/product/s-o-s-signal-snaps/

I saw them advertised as the loudest adult snap on the market. I assumed that was just advertising BS. I also assumed these were just normal adult snaps in a tannerite box. Well I ordered them from a retailer. They're the exact shape and size as all the other adult snaps, so I figured they were the same. Then I threw one and they were noticeably louder. And so I'm asking, are these things actually made with tannerite?

FinnAmerican
06-29-2021, 02:38 PM
~120 decibels report...

jamisonlm3
06-29-2021, 03:44 PM
I doubt it. Their fireworks are most likely made in the same factories and to the same standards as all the other fireworks sold in the country.

wingman
06-29-2021, 04:57 PM
They're not made with Tannerite. In order to set that stuff off, you need a high velocity rifle round.

upNdown
06-29-2021, 05:51 PM
They're not made with Tannerite. In order to set that stuff off, you need a high velocity rifle round.

That's one thought I've had. But then, how do their cakes and shells work? Because I think those are made with tannerite, and nobody's shooting those.

Arclight
06-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Correct - Tannerite is Ammonium Nitrate with a sensitizer. You need a shock wave from a rifle bullet or a blasting cap to get it going.

wingman
06-29-2021, 10:03 PM
That's one thought I've had. But then, how do their cakes and shells work? Because I think those are made with tannerite, and nobody's shooting those.

The cakes and shells aren't made with Tannerite either. The fireworks under the Tannerite name are just that - a brand name. Dan's been selling pyro along with his Tannerite line of targets for years. The brand pretty much sells itself, and he's done a great job at it!

upNdown
06-29-2021, 10:08 PM
The cakes and shells aren't made with Tannerite either. The fireworks under the Tannerite name are just that - a brand name. Dan's been selling pyro along with his Tannerite line of targets for years. The brand pretty much sells itself, and he's done a great job at it!

Thanks. That makes sense.
And again, FWIW, his snaps are damn loud.