PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Show Plan/Layout

FBpyro
06-28-2021, 03:08 PM
Just wanted to share with everyone my show plan for this year. Not going to lie I saw another user's post on here with a very similar-looking plan design in terms of the diagram itself, not the physical product. I thought their rendition was genius so I used draw.io to generate a very similar version of my own. I also have a matching excel file that will tell me how to program my firing system so that I can fire things off in a sequence (slat number x slat cue number = master cue number (1-64)).

I'm also excited because if everything works correctly, this year will be the first that I wil actually be able to view the entire show myself from a far distance due to a new larger shooting location. The added shoot size room will be great for the camera to be able to see the entire show in one frame.

ssmith512
06-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Yep.

Engineer Cat
06-29-2021, 02:30 AM
Just wanted to share with everyone my show plan for this year. Not going to lie I saw another user's post on here with a very similar-looking plan design in terms of the diagram itself, not the physical product. I thought their rendition was genius so I used draw.io to generate a very similar version of my own. I also have a matching excel file that will tell me how to program my firing system so that I can fire things off in a sequence (slat number x slat cue number = master cue number (1-64)).

I'm also excited because if everything works correctly, this year will be the first that I wil actually be able to view the entire show myself from a far distance due to a new larger shooting location. The added shoot size room will be great for the camera to be able to see the entire show in one frame.

I feel the same way about being able to watch the actual fireworks that we work hard to setup. It's the first time I'm using a script and the show will shoot itself. It's funny how "lighting" fireworks was always the thing I enjoyed most about the interaction. But now I'm eager to script a show and let it shoot it off on it's own. LOL

I do a similar thing but use photoshop to lay it out. To time and visualize it I download videos of the product I got and then put them in Pinnacle studio video editing software. Add the song / songs ill be using and put the product where I want it in the show. Then manually take those times from the time code and put them in a spreadsheet that can be uploaded to the firing system.

I can't wait for Sat.

Engineer Cat
06-29-2021, 02:46 AM

FBpyro
06-29-2021, 01:32 PM
It's interesting nonetheless because most of the time, we never actually get to be spectators to our own show. I'm eager to see the shoot site for the first time to know what I'm working with. It's a new house/land that my sister and brother-in-law purchased but haven't moved into yet, so this fourth will be sort of the first family gathering at this new place. The size is around 30 acres of land and there's a huge pong towards the front of the property that's probably about 500ish feet away from the house itself. I'm thinking of setting up everything directly in front of the pond because the back of it is too close to the county road. Then I'm thinking of setting up my DLSR camera on the opposite side of the pond looking towards the audience should make for some pretty sweet long exposures of the show! especially if I can capture the light reflecting off the water :D

Engineer Cat
06-29-2021, 04:05 PM
It's interesting nonetheless because most of the time, we never actually get to be spectators to our own show. I'm eager to see the shoot site for the first time to know what I'm working with. It's a new house/land that my sister and brother-in-law purchased but haven't moved into yet, so this fourth will be sort of the first family gathering at this new place. The size is around 30 acres of land and there's a huge pong towards the front of the property that's probably about 500ish feet away from the house itself. I'm thinking of setting up everything directly in front of the pond because the back of it is too close to the county road. Then I'm thinking of setting up my DLSR camera on the opposite side of the pond looking towards the audience should make for some pretty sweet long exposures of the show! especially if I can capture the light reflecting off the water :D

That sounds like a great plan, and a great shoot site.

SystemXpert
06-29-2021, 04:58 PM
Well, here is mine. Not as big as some, but there are (3) modules.

Engineer Cat
06-29-2021, 05:02 PM
Awesome, I love looking at others layouts.

FBpyro
06-30-2021, 09:31 AM
Well, here is mine. Not as big as some, but there are (3) modules.

Nice layout SystemXpert, are the 60mm strobe waterfall racks shells? they don't have any letter designation such as the mines or ground strobes so that is why I was wondering. On a side note that looks like a pretty huge house!!

SystemXpert
06-30-2021, 09:57 AM
Nice layout SystemXpert, are the 60mm strobe waterfall racks shells? they don't have any letter designation such as the mines or ground strobes so that is why I was wondering. On a side note that looks like a pretty huge house!!

Yes, they are preload shells from Spirit of 76. I was getting lazy with my letter designations....lol

The house is my parents house, fortunately it is outside the fallout area for the size fireworks I am shooting.

Kooooou
06-30-2021, 01:18 PM
Love seeing these layouts for ideas and envisioning other pyros' shows. Here's mine, done in Excel, minus my Stars Spangled Banner opener.5809