PDA

View Full Version : whats up guys from the big easy here

MixedBreed
06-25-2021, 11:18 PM
born and raised in the midwest, been living outside of new orleans for a while now. always loved this stuff as a kid, doing neighborhood shows with uncles and grandparents from the divorced side of my family, reading my phantom fireworks catalog while most kids were reading comic books and whatever else.

through out h.s. and college i spent less time with that part of the family and thus i got away from fireworks for several years.

fast forward to a random trip to the grocery store 2 new years eve's ago with a visit to the fireworks tent next to the store. one thing lead to another and that night i was shooting off 4 cakes for about 100 bucks. the itch had been scratched. i couldnt believe what i had been missing all the previous years without fireworks. i made a pact that from that point on i was going all out every 4th and 31st. with all the social media and technology available that didn't exist 25 years ago, here i am building racks and fusing all kinds of stuff...the possibilities are endless.

i started reading this forum last year and never joined for some reason. a great wealth of information. i love learning about this stuff and getting tips and advice from the guys who have been doing this stuff for a long time.

if anyone has any connects for whole sale or reliable sources in the gulf south please let me know. right now i am limited to the over priced tents, pyro city, and some of the whole sale shipping i've seen online like red apple and superior (out of florida).

if anyone is familiar with the "home of the unusual" ive been getting some stuff shipped from them and i love their layaway option and love their products..but to get a whole bunch of stuff shipped is just completely not logical cost wise..and i work every day so i dont have time to make the long drive

Engineer Cat
06-26-2021, 12:37 AM
Welcome back to pyro!

I had a similar situation. Got back into it around 2008. I shoot shows now instead of just shooting product willy nilly.

Dave and the peeps in this forum are a wealth of information.

I can't tell you how many times I was looking for answers to questions I had, and I was able to do a search and topics related to it showed up to review.

pyromagic
02-16-2022, 10:40 PM
If you want to shoot the "big Stuff" give us a call! We have shows all across the Southeast and Gulf South region. www.pyroproductions.com If the import market gets better anytime soon we will begin wholesale orders.