PDA

View Full Version : Best Excalibur Effect for Finale Rack and 1.3 Salutes

randomrobot
06-24-2021, 03:33 PM
My finale racks will be 44 Excals and there is an assortment of willows, brocade crowns, dahlia, etc... and I didn't know if there was a best for last effect. I also ended up with (6) 1.3 salutes that I'm debating on adding to the final run. I'm a little hesitant to put those up in the neighborhood but then again, I'm planning on setting off 22 Excaliburs in just a few seconds up so will anyone really notice or will the 1.3s set off the blue lights?

Berserker23
06-24-2021, 04:23 PM
I used to care about the effects but now I just load the tubes with any effect because the audiences can’t tell the difference I used to have the crackling effect for the last tubes

ssmith512
06-24-2021, 04:46 PM
My personal fav is to end with willows, nishiki's if possible. I like the slowly dimming, lasting effect as the sound dies down, especially if you have salutes at the end as well. The boom is over and the willows hang on for just a second or two, reminds of the stage lights dimming at the end of an excellent broadway production.

If the salutes are less than or equal to an 8" salute, my vote is to send 'em up! :D (assuming you have the recommended safe distances to crowd and structures)

jamisonlm3
06-24-2021, 05:01 PM
Even if you do sperate the excals by the effect on the shell, it won't do you any good. Excals aren't labeled correctly and the effects on the box don't match either.

randomrobot
06-24-2021, 05:07 PM
My personal fav is to end with willows, nishiki's if possible. I like the slowly dimming, lasting effect as the sound dies down, especially if you have salutes at the end as well. The boom is over and the willows hang on for just a second or two, reminds of the stage lights dimming at the end of an excellent broadway production.

If the salutes are less than or equal to an 8" salute, my vote is to send 'em up! :D (assuming you have the recommended safe distances to crowd and structures)

Thanks- I like that idea so I'll probably load them up that way and hope for the best. And no, the audience is probably 75-100' away. It's as far away as I can get in the neighborhood and part of the excitement. The salutes are just 1.3 and same size as the excals. I was told they are 120g and they fit in the dr11s so unless anyone thinks it's a terrible idea, let's do this!

Any thoughts to my other post about using 1.5 shells in dr11 tubes? Is that safe?

Arles
06-25-2021, 02:19 PM

I'll be stealing that and taking full credit for it.

Birdman
06-25-2021, 05:27 PM
I'll be stealing that and taking full credit for it.

If you want an idea of what that looks like here is my finale last year:

https://vimeo.com/435815697#t=455s

It was one 25 shot MCR and two 10 shot racks. Majority were smoke & mirror shells then it ended with Nishiki Blast shells. I used a step script for the finally so I could get the timing perfect. The Nishiki shells were wired for instant firing so I could ensure they all fired at the same time right after the smoke & mirror shells ended.

Engineer Cat
06-25-2021, 11:01 PM
If you want an idea of what that looks like here is my finale last year:

https://vimeo.com/435815697#t=455s

It was one 25 shot MCR and two 10 shot racks. Majority were smoke & mirror shells then it ended with Nishiki Blast shells. I used a step script for the finally so I could get the timing perfect. The Nishiki shells were wired for instant firing so I could ensure they all fired at the same time right after the smoke & mirror shells ended.

Good show. Very enjoyable. Nice work.

MixedBreed
06-25-2021, 11:26 PM
Thanks- I like that idea so I'll probably load them up that way and hope for the best. And no, the audience is probably 75-100' away. It's as far away as I can get in the neighborhood and part of the excitement. The salutes are just 1.3 and same size as the excals. I was told they are 120g and they fit in the dr11s so unless anyone thinks it's a terrible idea, let's do this!

Any thoughts to my other post about using 1.5 shells in dr11 tubes? Is that safe?

i have some 2" salute cans with no tube, i was tempted to use an old dr11 1.91 but the fit was very tight. i'm a worrier so i decided to get some 2" tubes shipped for pretty cheap. now they fit like they should and i can swap out the 1.91s in my rack. but i was told by a few ppl that you can get by using the dr11s.

randomrobot
06-26-2021, 06:15 AM
That's was really nice, now I gotta convince the wife to let me buy "just a few more fireworks" for about the 4th time this year : ) and get some nishikis.

Still not sure if I want to send up those 1.5 diameter shells in the dr11 tubes. Well, I mean, I know I want to send them up, just not sure that it's safe to do so.

Birdman
06-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Good show. Very enjoyable. Nice work.

Thanks. It was my first scripted show with a Cobra firing system. Because it was all consumer product there were some timing issues. The finale turned out better than I expected. No Nishiki shells this year. This year was suppose to be the year of the Tannerite M-25 but wasn't able to get them.

randomrobot
06-29-2021, 07:32 AM
My connections have let me down for tubes here in the last few days. I'm short about 20ish tubes for what I had planned so I'm guessing I'm going to have to re-plan my racks. Booo!!!! Has anyone ever had luck buying HDPE sections at a box store or any ideas where I might find some this late?

barehm
06-29-2021, 09:18 AM
randomrobot - see if you can find a plumber or well drilling company that does Geothermal work. They're about the only way I've found to source locally. Of course you'll need to cut and plug them, but in a pinch, they could get you some 20 foot sections.

Greenville Pyro
06-29-2021, 09:29 AM
My connections have let me down for tubes here in the last few days. I'm short about 20ish tubes for what I had planned so I'm guessing I'm going to have to re-plan my racks. Booo!!!! Has anyone ever had luck buying HDPE sections at a box store or any ideas where I might find some this late?

Check your PM

Kooooou
06-29-2021, 12:35 PM
In a worst case scenario, buy 10 more Excal kits and save the shells for next year, then build a poor man's rack with the 20 launchers. If your budget and store inventories allow for this, of course.

randomrobot
06-29-2021, 04:03 PM
WooHoo!!! Found a company that sells the pipe with a location about an hour from me. Thanks everyone.