PDA

View Full Version : re-itteration of the fireworks state & shortages

Icooclast
06-17-2021, 07:48 PM
even though the below article is mostly what we'vr been saying, there is some silver lining. what do you folks think?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/could-fireworks-shortage-effect-july-002649785.html

Salutecake
06-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Well I'll go back to my Doom and Gloom statement I made in another post. I've been reading and hearing the same thing everyone else he is reading and hearing. I stand optimistic but admit I could be wrong. I smell glut, not only here in the fireworks industry but in just about every product you buy. Beef and Chicken now, lumber still, and everyone down the line raising there prices a bit. I was building some 4' racks and was 1 2x6 short. Went to the local box store and paid 14.55 for a 2x6x8, Oh demand is high, but they had one opened pallet and 3 more sitting there. I bought chicken today - 1.49 lb, same price i paid 2 months ago, 2 nights ago I had chicken parm at a local restaurant, 2 bucks more for the same dish 3 weeks ago.

The article you mention above, Phantom is not saying don't come in we don't have anything to sell, but hurry up in and buy. I'm not picking on advertisers here but look at some of there face book pages, containers are coming in daily. Yep rules are changing perhaps adding some cost, eventually the ships will be emptied, and what comes in after the 4th for the most part is going to remain on the selves for a while. Now we have a whole other year to go through to see what happens. Back in the late 60's early seventies, there was a big freeze in Columbia, coffee prices surged, Columbia is only a small player in the coffee bean world but coffee prices around the globe climbed. Then came the oil embargo, what was that 74ish, and the list goes on.

I guess I'm just saying is to not to get wrapped up in all the hype, it only adds fuel to the fire.

jamisonlm3
06-17-2021, 09:49 PM
I wonder with all the product arriving after the 4th, will there be a bit better selection at wholesalers after the 4th. I also wonder if the price increases we've been seeing isn't just because of the increase in shipping alone. Just thinking out loud, but what if some stores just weren't able to get all the product they would normally have by this time of year? The last part of that article is what I find interesting. Smaller stores may have rellied on many more wholesalers than they would normally. While they might have paid more, they will at least have what they need. Others who only relied on a few, might have some to sell, but will it be enough?