PDA

View Full Version : My first inspection today

Okimarine
06-09-2021, 11:28 AM
I just had the WV Fire Marshals stop by for an inspection and It went very well. They inspected my paperwork and the magazine security/ inventory (didn't actually go line by line inventory, just looking at the product.) I think as long as you meet or exceed the minimum state/federal requirements for safety and security and your paperwork is in order its a pretty straight forward process. I also found out that the State Fire Marshals office has a branch in my county which was unknown to me. So far every face to face I've had with State, Local and ATF personnel have been very positive. They all seem as excited as I am on the subject of fireworks.

ssmith512
06-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Good to hear!

displayfireworks1
06-09-2021, 07:17 PM
Curious did that WV Fire Marshal call to work out a time to come or did he just show up?

Okimarine
06-09-2021, 08:30 PM
They just showed up. They said they (Local Branch) just received the already approved paperwork from the State Fire Marshals office (Capitol Branch) and wanted to put eyes on it. I forget what days I put down as business hours so the visit may or may not have been what I reported but they are only about 15 minutes away. They were both real good guys so It wouldn't matter to me either way. I'm happy to show it to anyone that wants to check it out if I'm home.

displayfireworks1
06-09-2021, 08:41 PM
I only ask because I monitor behaviors and patterns so to speak of those that supervise our industry. My guess is they monitor what we do also. LOL

Okimarine
06-10-2021, 11:59 AM
My guess is they monitor what we do also. LOL

No doubt about that. I have already been approved for our Youth Camp Display, still working on the application for Family Reunion Display. I have talked to both Fire Chiefs for both locations and they have been real easy to work with as well. I provided so much detail on the application and display layout that they really didn't have any questions for me and signed off on it.