PDA

View Full Version : Strobe rockets

Engineer Cat
06-09-2021, 04:48 AM
Hey all,

Are there any consumer manufactures making strobe rockets? All the rocket videos I have seen look like 1.3 and any searches I do come up empty unless you want to make them yourself which I do not.

Is the composition of the rocket that makes it strobe outside of the range of what is legal in a 1.4 rocket?

I wouldn't even care how big or small the final burst is. I like all that noise it makes going up and then that scream before it bursts. :D

Engineer Cat
06-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Is this a taboo subject? :)

jamisonlm3
06-11-2021, 07:08 PM
Not so much a taboo subject as much as it should be obvious that a 4" rocket isn't 1.4. They are neat though.

Scotty Rockets
06-12-2021, 01:22 AM
Extremely violent composition, can only be made by a machine press. They do not store or travel well. You’ll never see them in commercial 1.4 or 1.3. Want to learn more? join a club such as PGI or a regional club and also be a member to Ned’s website fireworking101

Engineer Cat
06-12-2021, 02:08 AM
Not so much a taboo subject as much as it should be obvious that a 4" rocket isn't 1.4. They are neat though.

I've never seen one in person so I'm only going by the random youtube videos I've seen which is why I said "looks like 1.3"

Engineer Cat
06-12-2021, 02:18 AM
Extremely violent composition, can only be made by a machine press. They do not store or travel well. You?ll never see them in commercial 1.4 or 1.3. Want to learn more? join a club such as PGI or a regional club and also be a member to Ned?s website fireworking101

I've been subscribed to Ned's channel for a few years. He's therapeutic to watch.

I will be joining a club this year. I was going to last year but the year got all stupid.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-13-2021, 03:32 PM
For what it's worth, PGI has some amazing rockets. Their "rocket rodeo" is a cool thing to watch if you like rockets. I know PGI isn't for everyone, but if you're looking to learn how to make rockets (or anything else pyro related) that is a great place to learn.

Scotty Rockets
06-13-2021, 04:37 PM
For what it's worth, PGI has some amazing rockets. Their "rocket rodeo" is a cool thing to watch if you like rockets. I know PGI isn't for everyone, but if you're looking to learn how to make rockets (or anything else pyro related) that is a great place to learn.

PGI isn’t for everyone? I’m curious who isn’t the convention for?

Rick_In_Tampa
06-13-2021, 04:46 PM
PGI isn’t for everyone? I’m curious who isn’t the convention for?

It's not for people that don't like pyro.
It's not for dead people.
It's not for people with PTSD.
It's not for people who are afraid to fly.
It's not for people who are afraid of things that go BOOM.
It's not for blind people.
It's not for people that identify as gender non-binary specific toasters.
It's not for people running from the law.

Start there....

Scotty Rockets
06-13-2021, 05:14 PM
It's not for people that don't like pyro.
It's not for dead people.
It's not for people with PTSD.
It's not for people who are afraid to fly.
It's not for people who are afraid of things that go BOOM.
It's not for blind people.
It's not for people that identify as gender non-binary specific toasters.
It's not for people running from the law.

Start there....

When you stated not for everyone in a “pyrotechnics” forum, then you’re insinuating that not for everyone in this group. Indeed PGI convention is for everyone that loves and enjoys pyrotechnics, and whom are all members in this forum. I very much doubt you actually referred to that laundry list you just posted, which that would have been irrelevant anyhow in this group.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-13-2021, 06:30 PM
When you stated not for everyone in a “pyrotechnics” forum, then you’re insinuating that not for everyone in this group. Indeed PGI convention is for everyone that loves and enjoys pyrotechnics, and whom are all members in this forum. I very much doubt you actually referred to that laundry list you just posted, which that would have been irrelevant anyhow in this group.

It's unfortunate that you don't understand the context of the statement "not for everyone" as I believe most would as stated in my original post. I very much didn't consider someone would create an argument out of a statement that was clearly intended to convey the idea that PGI is not an organization that every eligible person would want to join. A generic remark and also a statement of fact. There are people in this "pyrotechnics" forum that do not belong to PGI and do not wish to become PGI members for various reasons. Some even say as much in their tag-line. My guess is that they would tell you if asked that PGI is "not for them." In your new role as arbiter of "truth and relevance" I would encourage you to consider alternative viewpoints/possibilities as you critique other member's posts. Or, save us all the time and aggravation of senseless arguments by bypassing posts you clearly do not understand.

Scotty Rockets
06-13-2021, 07:29 PM
It's unfortunate that you don't understand the context of the statement "not for everyone" as I believe most would as stated in my original post. I very much didn't consider someone would create an argument out of a statement that was clearly intended to convey the idea that PGI is not an organization that every eligible person would want to join. A generic remark and also a statement of fact. There are people in this "pyrotechnics" forum that do not belong to PGI and do not wish to become PGI members for various reasons. Some even say as much in their tag-line. My guess is that they would tell you if asked that PGI is "not for them." In your new role as arbiter of "truth and relevance" I would encourage you to consider alternative viewpoints/possibilities as you critique other member's posts. Or, save us all the time and aggravation of senseless arguments by bypassing posts you clearly do not understand.

I simply asked you a question and was curious to whom PGI wasn’t for... You’re the one with a cantankerous attitude and response. I’m not here to argue, it was a simple question of curiosity to your “PGI isn’t for everyone” Good day sir, I will not continue to reply and argue.

Arles
06-13-2021, 08:07 PM
I simply asked you a question and was curious to whom PGI wasn?t for... You?re the one with a cantankerous attitude and response. I?m not here to argue, it was a simple question of curiosity to your ?PGI isn?t for everyone? Good day sir, I will not continue to reply and argue.

I've spent more than I care to admit on fireworks and related equipment and have completed the PGI display operator certification. I think I qualify as a pyro, but I have zero desire to build rockets and other fireworks, and I think that is what RIT is referring to. I think you're splitting hairs and being provocative in this case. You're both good dudes, you should hug it out.