PDA

View Full Version : Still scripting your 4th show?

ssmith512
06-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Anyone else still making changes / tweaks to their 4th script? I am. I'm on like version 12 of my script LOL! I cant stop. Been working on it for a few months (cause I am slow and not very creative). Should be complete but I'm like a chef that adds just one more component to an already perfect dish, or an artist that adds just one more brush stroke to a completed masterpiece. I am either a perfectionist, have OCD, or am just addicted. Maybe even a little of all three combined? :rolleyes: :D

upNdown
06-01-2021, 03:40 PM
We got our script completed on Sunday. And then today I saw another cake that I believe I need, so maybe it's not quite done.
But this should be exciting - doing some things different this year. Experimenting with a few new effects, going with many more shells an far fewer cakes. And of the cakes there's more 500g than ever and practically no smaller ones. This is an exciting time of the year.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-01-2021, 03:57 PM
There's always more work to do, or so it seems. I've got a week off coming up starting June 14th. So I'm going to run through the script a few more times and see what might need to be changed. The problem is, I'm building my boards on the 13th. So the changes are going to have to be small, if at all.

Berserker23
06-01-2021, 04:54 PM
Haven’t started yet hopefully this week I’ll be done scripting my show and then start poking next week and then gotta fine pallets so I can make my boards.

Greenville Pyro
06-01-2021, 05:22 PM
I have written and rewritten it at least three times based on product that I thought I would be able to get. Unfortunately that did not materialize. Now that I finally have everything I’m hopefully going to start this weekend I’m doing it for real

WithReport
06-01-2021, 06:27 PM
hahaha. My goal is to script 20-30cues/day and hope to be done the week before the 4th - LOL

This year has been rough, typical planning was overwhelmed with home remodel this year. We are not at "tools down" on the house and now all free time is focused on the 4th - whoo hooo.

Scotty Rockets
06-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Unfortunately no personal July 4th show this year since I work pro shows on the 3rd and 4th. I do have my competition show for the end of September complete, mostly because of 1.4pro product needed to be picked asap. No going back now to make any changes, lol. Product picked, audio, Finale reports and labels ready to print.

mguerra
06-02-2021, 10:19 AM
I am shooting two pro displays, one Saturday and one Sunday so no personal show. But I have a TON of consumer product and I'm going to add some in to both pro shows, gratis. Just for my own amusement and for those in the audience who are close enough. I won't see the pro product til the morning of, so can't really script it. I take a few minutes to look it over, decide how to shoot the body in what order, figure out a finale sequence, wire it up and step fire it.

Birdman
06-02-2021, 10:28 AM
My 4th script has been done since about March. There were 2 cakes that I still needed to get but have been sold out. Broke down last weekend and bought substitutes and updated my script. Also scripted a small show for a family picnic this month. I can whip out a script pretty quickly but the hard part is making sure I can source the product. Next year if I can't get it in my wholesale order it's not going in my show(s).

On a side note, I was told Crossette cakes may be hard to come by in the future because they are too labor intensive to make and the factories don't want to make them. Apparently there are labor shortages in the fireworks factories and they only want to manufacture the less labor intensive items. I don't know how true this is but that's what I was told.

SystemXpert
06-02-2021, 02:57 PM
I'm on my 3rd version of my script. I had to change things around after I test fired a few cakes & tubes on Memorial day. I needed to stagger product firing from the middle and left & right positions. Too many things were going off in groups of 3 and overpowering each other.

Engineer Cat
06-07-2021, 12:19 AM
I setup my script in April. In May I went to get the items and found out they didn't have a lot of them. I got the closest replacements and then re-scripted everything to shoot manually. Then last week I decided to buy a new firing system so I re-scripted for the new system to use it's internal clock. Now I'm just learning the new system but super excited for the 4th this year!

R. Derrick
06-09-2021, 10:43 AM
@WithReport

What a nice show you put together! I saw your 18 19 and 20 and I can see your growth! Great job!

PyroFL
06-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Eeekkkk

One song to go and the final.

Then a few things here and there to fill a few spots.

Helped I was on vacation for 2 weeks and didn?t look at it ... can see clearer now of things am missing.

Tampa Rick pointed out few things I missed and I should add ... Rookie year on the cobra and pyro musical.

?Very ambitious show? he said ... you think? LOL

I still blame Ed for setting the goal post so high

(joking Ed)

Engineer Cat
06-09-2021, 04:46 PM
Re-scripted again last night after I changed some wiring pins to be in series. Since I had free cues available I had to add more. :D

Greenville Pyro
06-09-2021, 08:20 PM
Re-scripted again last night after I changed some wiring pins to be in series. Since I had free cues available I had to add more. :D

This is a problem I'm having. I have extra cues. I want to add things to fill them up but it looks good to my eye and I don't want to step on things just for the sake of "adding more" or "filling them up"

MontanaMike
06-11-2021, 10:25 PM
I haven't started scripting yet. I do my soundtrack first. Then we unpack the product, get it onto the boards and assign cue numbers. I make a list of what's on each board, and then script to the music using the list. That way I make sure not to leave anything out.

All that said, I'm behind on the soundtrack, because my "winter hobby" (model train layout) has spilled over into the spring/summer because I want to get it up and running ASAP. So I've put off working on the fireworks. But, I'm about 2/3 done with the music, so scripting can start right after we get everything unpacked and the cues assigned.

WithReport
06-13-2021, 06:22 PM
Finally started scripting yesterday - ugh. This has been a very off year. :mad: I made it through one song just now - and may call it done. I'll just run a bunch of long fountains through the preceding songs in the soundtrack - LOL

So where do you start scripting at?

I always start at the end - the Final Song and Finale. I figure I can skimp a bit on prior segments, or even fully remove a song, if needed. But at least I'll have the finale to fall back on. :cool:

Pyro Paul
06-14-2021, 12:05 AM
Hi all, I've been away for awhile but I'm in full swing for the 4th of July now. Just finished my script last week and took a trip to Spirit of 76 Friday and to another importer Saturday. Anyone else having to buy some cakes retail because they're not available wholesale? I'm so far behind it's not funny but I have some vacation to burn so I'll catch up during vacation time. Converting modules over to quickplugs now so that will help a ton. I just figured out I'm 3 racks short for cannisters but I've got 150 tubes in boxes so looks like a rack building party next weekend. My wife joined the pyro club I'm in so it should make for an interesting year with a couple of trips coming up soon. Oddly enough I'm working a pro shoot the 3rd of July which is the worst possible day for that to fall on but I make a little money and don't have to do the grunt work so it's worthwhile. I'm getting excited for the 4th now. I always enjoy reading everyones comments. Rick, I hope you've developed some carpenter skills... Or found someone that has some skill to build racks for ya lol. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all have a great Independence day!! :cool:

Birdman
06-14-2021, 10:21 AM
Finally started scripting yesterday - ugh. This has been a very off year. :mad: I made it through one song just now - and may call it done. I'll just run a bunch of long fountains through the preceding songs in the soundtrack - LOL

So where do you start scripting at?

I always start at the end - the Final Song and Finale. I figure I can skimp a bit on prior segments, or even fully remove a song, if needed. But at least I'll have the finale to fall back on. :cool:

I usually pick a few songs that I already have some idea what I want to do with them. Once I get my soundtrack down I script the parts of the songs I already had an idea what product I want to use. Once I have what I believe is something close to a pyromusical scripted, I script in filler to cover gaps etc . I save the finale for last since I don't really sync that to music.

Jay_
06-21-2021, 09:25 PM
I started yesterday :)

Nothing big this year. Just going to shoot up some leftovers...but I have quite a bit of those and a ton of single effects.

Not going to shoot to music either, or at least not planning to at the moment. Just a single row of cakes in the middle with a 5 position front. 5-8 minute show max