PDA

View Full Version : fireworks fuse

TIM yoder
05-27-2021, 04:42 PM
hi all i just had a Fireworks store that i Shop at tell me me this i asked if they had any fuse and they told me this Unfortunately the government has change the classification of fuse and we are no longer able to import it or carry it is that true :confused:

PyroJoeNEPA
05-27-2021, 05:44 PM
In order for fuse to be shipped from China with the new regulations it is required to ship an entire container of only fuse. The days of getting 20,30 cases mixed in with a 1.4 container are evidently gone.
Also, from what my sources have told me is that they are only sending "precut" rolls [20 ft or so]. Not the 300 meter [1000 ft] rolls you used to be able to get.

TIM yoder
05-27-2021, 06:00 PM
oh ok thank u so it sounds like they don't want to spend the money for a entire container of fuse am i right

PyroJoeNEPA
05-27-2021, 06:08 PM
Not too many companies would probably do that--pus there are all the shipping issues that are still being dealt with. I know Kellners Fireworks recently posted that they got a container of fuse in. You should contact them if you are in need of fuse.

TIM yoder
05-27-2021, 06:19 PM
ok thanks i will do that where is a good place to buy it online

jknepp1954
05-27-2021, 07:31 PM
Not too many companies would probably do that--pus there are all the shipping issues that are still being dealt with. I know Kellners Fireworks recently posted that they got a container of fuse in. You should contact them if you are in need of fuse.
Not in yet - but on the way. Was just there last Sat = none

displayfireworks1
05-27-2021, 07:56 PM
In order for fuse to be shipped from China with the new regulations it is required to ship an entire container of only fuse. The days of getting 20,30 cases mixed in with a 1.4 container are evidently gone.
Also, from what my sources have told me is that they are only sending "precut" rolls [20 ft or so]. Not the 300 meter [1000 ft] rolls you used to be able to get.

Interesting. If that is correct information, this same thing happened with importation of electric match out of China. It had to be a full dedicated container. Then once the e-match container was in USA, each company would organize how to get their own separate order from that container. Like all those competitive display companies are going to get together and do that. LOL This was the golden opportunity for MJG to sell the e-match here in United States. I'm sure there will be importers getting some in with indirect methods from China. In a way I'm sort of glad fuse is getting hard to come by. It will force some users to advance into electrical firing. Most long fuse users I move into wireless electrical firing never go back to the long fuse. That last YouTube video I posted was long fuse user.
On a side note , this fuse shortage issue has been years in the making. I remember being a warehouse locations and directed, video what you want but not those cases of fuse. LOL Only at the time , they thought the ATF was hot on fuse.

jamisonlm3
05-27-2021, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would want to go back from even the cheap 12 cue systems?

upNdown
05-27-2021, 10:15 PM
This is a funny industry. I've spoken with two different store owners who import their own containers, and I've read everything I can gather from various online sources and I've never gotten the same story twice, when it comes to what's happening with fuse - no exaggeration. If anybody knows exactly what's going on, they may be the only one.

pyroboom
05-29-2021, 11:36 PM
We currently have 20 and 50ft rolls of fuse at pyroboom.com

Kellner's is getting fuse. I have an order with them, but Bob's wife told me "it was on the water"

BMoore
05-30-2021, 09:00 AM
Getting fuse out of China has always been an interesting subject. Years ago I heard it China did everything they could to limit fuse because they considered it a manufacturing item and they didn’t want anyone buying fuse to take away their manufacturing. This year I heard that fuse production basically hit pause because they are playing catch up on fireworks. Why have fuse if there are no fireworks? I can’t even find quickmatch this year so probably some truth to that. It seems like fuse is starting to come in now so that’s a good sign.

Amaturepyro
05-30-2021, 10:35 AM
Do any of y?all know where to find some of the yellow fast fuse?? I?ve checked a few places and wasn?t sure if that stuff was pretty much untouchable at this point. Seen the others, but no yellow. That and the prices...who?d ever thought we pay almost $20 for 10ft of fuse. ��*♂️

ssmith512
05-30-2021, 10:51 AM
Never imagined fuse would become this difficult to obtain. So glad I took the plunge end of last year and jumped in with both feet and got my Cobra system. I would have been seriously SOL this year if I had not.

displayfireworks1
05-30-2021, 11:13 AM
When I was at Wholesale Fireworks this weekend, they told me they had fuse. I apologize for not including that in my video. You may find some of the retail outlet will have fuse. They may no necessarily want to list it for sale on line. I suspect everyone that is looking for fuse wants fuse a little faster than the traditional green fuse.

Ctpyro180
05-31-2021, 08:42 PM
Do any of y?all know where to find some of the yellow fast fuse?? I?ve checked a few places and wasn?t sure if that stuff was pretty much untouchable at this point. Seen the others, but no yellow. That and the prices...who?d ever thought we pay almost $20 for 10ft of fuse. ��*♂️

Stateline in NH carries Quick, pink & yellow...But they don't ship...

Mattp
05-31-2021, 10:50 PM
Do any of y?all know where to find some of the yellow fast fuse?? I?ve checked a few places and wasn?t sure if that stuff was pretty much untouchable at this point. Seen the others, but no yellow. ��*♂️

I haven’t seen the yellow fast in a few years now… last few years I’ve been getting color coded fuse… yellow is 5 sec/ft… white is super fast .5-1 sec/ft .. luckily I’ve amassed a nice collection over the years.. so I will be good for a while … especially being I only use it for my consumer finale racks now

pyroboom
06-01-2021, 02:17 AM
We have 15 rolls of Yellow Fast Fuse for sale.

MontanaMike
06-11-2021, 10:33 PM
In a way I'm sort of glad fuse is getting hard to come by. It will force some users to advance into electrical firing. Most long fuse users I move into wireless electrical firing never go back to the long fuse.
I use long fuse for my finale, is all. In general, one fuse per row of mortars on a rack. Although, now that Cobra has come out with the breakout strips w/quickplugs, if fuse is unavailable, I could see going to that method instead of fusing the rows. Would use a lot of initiators though, and be expensive at about 72? a pop, not to mention the cost of all the breakout strips that would be required. Plus the strips only have room for 5 quickplugs, and mortar rows are usually 6, so.... what's a pyro to do?