PDA

View Full Version : Effect Holder Suggestions

Arles
05-20-2021, 09:57 AM
I was planning to buy several of the 20 shot steel angled effect holders.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5716&stc=1

Does anyone have other suggestions? I'm okay with the cost, I would prefer to get the holder that makes set up easiest as well as provide flexibility for shooting different angles.

Thanks!

PyroJoeNEPA
05-20-2021, 11:34 AM
We use them with out 1.3 shows all the time & I know several people that use them for their 1.4 shows. Several advantages to them--you can set your angles, match your one shots & load them days before the show. Some guys using slats pin the ematches to the slats and just have to plug in the interconnect cables at the shoot site. [If you do that, you need to keep a shunt on the slats until you are ready to connect them.]
If you want to use smaller comets, gerbs, strobes, etc. you can use a "pool noodle" from the dollar store cut into "donuts" to center & secure the effects in the tubes.

topshelfpyro
05-20-2021, 09:25 PM
for the cost of those Chinese holders, check out Craigco racks instead!

PyroJoeNEPA
05-21-2021, 04:29 PM
for the cost of those Chinese holders, check out Craigco racks instead!

Ditto--that is what we use. They are all aluminum and very well made. The chinese ones have steel end on them & weigh much more than is necessary.

Scotty Rockets
05-21-2021, 09:05 PM
I could recommend a few however this forum doesn’t allow recommendations from just any supplier.

Arles
05-25-2021, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your suggestions!