PDA

View Full Version : can someone review/post a vid about these:

Icooclast
05-09-2021, 04:52 PM
i came across these while killing time looking at fireworks:

https://americanwholesalefireworks.com/tannerite-shell-kit/

i've seen the 100 shot cake vid, and am impressed with it... interested to see vid of these

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2021, 05:06 PM
Ouch... $4.38 per shell is pretty pricey.

jamisonlm3
05-09-2021, 07:35 PM
What's special about these besides the name? These are just normal canister shells.

FinnAmerican
05-09-2021, 09:33 PM
https://youtu.be/-5wD5PiLXh8

PyroKing31
05-10-2021, 09:29 AM
These are standard 4" cans, they are fully loaded at around 58 grams, there are lots of demo videos of them online. They are priced way too high for me, I havent bought anything this year. I am fortunate to have a good enough stash to last me until prices simmer down.

Icooclast
05-10-2021, 12:24 PM
https://youtu.be/-5wD5PiLXh8

Salutecake
05-10-2021, 05:13 PM
Has anyone ever got their hand on the Tannerite Airburst Salutes? I keep looking but either out of production or bought up. Daves review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XfbK7ueyg

displayfireworks1
05-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Has anyone ever got their hand on the Tannerite Airburst Salutes? I keep looking but either out of production or bought up. Daves review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XfbK7ueyg

Remember what I said , its the Tannerite Airburst (DON'T SAY SALUTE). And you still said it. LOL No one anticipated the huge demand for Consumer Fireworks last year 2020 for July 4th. Last year leading into the July 4th holiday Tannerite sold a bunch of his stock of Consumer Fireworks to some tent creep across the border in Washington State. Apparently he was having a hard time selling it to retail outlets and that was an option for him at the time. Who knew the demand for Consumer Fireworks in 2020 was going to be as high as it was. Remember the bulk of Consumer Fireworks buyers are those last week before July 4th walk into the store customers. Throwing the Tannerite name on a artillery shell is great marketing.
Everyone in the business is predicting consumer demand will be high again this year. With high demand and tight supply comes.......... Higher Prices.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Salutecake - My buddy had an hour long conversation with Dan Tanner the owner of Tannerite and he told my buddy that the Chinese are refusing to make those cakes right now because the U.S. wants to reclassify them as 1.3G products vice AOP. So unless/until the U.S. figures out what to do, don't expect to see those around anytime soon.

Salutecake
05-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Thanks Rick!

Chiefsfan00
05-11-2021, 02:16 AM
Those canister shells look pretty good.

jknepp1954
05-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Salutecake - My buddy had an hour long conversation with Dan Tanner the owner of Tannerite and he told my buddy that the Chinese are refusing to make those cakes right now because the U.S. wants to reclassify them as 1.3G products vice AOP. So unless/until the U.S. figures out what to do, don't expect to see those around anytime soon.
I also had a very similar discussion with Mr Tanner as well - LAST FALL! China won't make them. We had a small supply from last fall - out very early this spring. WE keep getting about 2 or 3 calls a week for them - OUT! You probably won't see them again - or at least NOT for a very long time.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-11-2021, 06:42 PM
I also had a very similar discussion with Mr Tanner as well - LAST FALL! China won't make them. We had a small supply from last fall - out very early this spring. WE keep getting about 2 or 3 calls a week for them - OUT! You probably won't see them again - or at least NOT for a very long time.

Yeah it really stinks. I've got 5 cakes left in the stash, and I think I'm going to hang on to them for a while since it looks like they're on the endangered species list right now.

Salutecake
05-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Hey jknepp1954, is there a 1.3 cake similar to the tannerite??

Arclight
05-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Dan Tanner is an interesting guy. I've called him up for blasting stuff before (he also sells explosives) and he's entertaining.

PyroKing31
05-17-2021, 06:57 AM
Hey jknepp1954, is there a 1.3 cake similar to the tannerite??

Al at Fireart has some the Crown Pyro 25s salute is a nice mini cake that packs a wallop for its size. I think the bore is .8 They come 12 to a case when they are in stock.

snickels
05-17-2021, 10:56 AM
I shot the Tannerite shells 2 weekends ago and they were pretty decent. They are just regular canister shells. Tannerite has a handful of items that are regular consumer and not air bursts. The vidoe's on YouTube of the canister shells are accurate.

JMS904
05-26-2021, 03:55 PM

Did that talk include a 30 minute monologue about how his ex wife is a black widow? 😂

Rick_In_Tampa
05-26-2021, 04:34 PM
I did not have the pleasure of speaking to him myself, however, I don't recall my buddy indicating that was the case. If true, it sounds like the lady may want to change her ways. It's not smart to torment a man that makes his living making explosives. Just sayin...