PDA

View Full Version : Mounting 40MM no debris Mines (Spirit of 76)

SystemXpert
04-16-2021, 02:25 PM
Hello,

I recently ordered some MN300 No Debris 40mm Dahlia Mines from Spirit of 76. These come with a little plastic base that can be mounted using the Spirit of 76 Slider plates or the Pyrolama system. However, I didn't order that many of them and I was hoping I could just screw down the plastic base to some 1x4 wood that would be mounted on a platform.

Has anyone done something like this?

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5682&stc=1

Salutecake
04-17-2021, 07:30 AM
These, although they say no debris seem to be a little different than the special proximate stuff. So I can't really say. But if you use the special proximate stuff those guys either use the Pyrolama system or use long screws in plywood but not to screw through the plywood, then depending on the comet size, tie wrap the smaller mines between 2 screws, one top one bottom, and the bigger mines, between three screws and three tie wraps. Also depending, rebar or similar pounded in the ground and then tie wrapped.

I'm sure other's will chime in with better help.

SystemXpert
04-17-2021, 08:05 AM
Ahh...I see that. I could easily use like a 4" - 6" lag screw. Now that I think about it, I could just use some cheap L type shelf brackets. Thank you! This is my first year stepping up to scripted firing & using Cobra, so I am trying to conserve funds in other places.

Salutecake
04-17-2021, 04:45 PM
That would probably be ok too, just make sure they are strapped down tight, no wiggles and such, especially make sure they stay tight, if you use a lot on one platform, you don't want each shot as they go off to loosen the rest of the mines, then you'll have a problem, shooting at angles or worse towards the audience.

Scotty Rockets
04-18-2021, 02:08 PM
Those are actually an item that’s still reasonably priced from 76. I just bought a couple of mixed color cases. I use lamas so that isn’t a problem for me.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-18-2021, 10:04 PM
Buy a $0.20 wooden dowel rod from Wal Mart in the crafts section. Cut it in half. Stick it in the ground at any angle you want. Duct tape the mine to the rod. Done.

I've taped up to 4 together like that and stuck two rods into the ground and slid them down over the rods. Worked like a champ. Very cheap and effective.

Delloman
04-19-2021, 01:06 PM
https://www.bigtimepyro.com/mortar-tube-racks

SystemXpert
04-19-2021, 10:15 PM
Hey ...that is a good idea too....in fact I could use my drill press to make some socket holes and mount the dowels on a board.

SystemXpert
04-19-2021, 10:16 PM
Thank you...that is another good option.