PDA

View Full Version : Testing E-Match / Initiator to VISCO adapaters

cutch316
04-11-2021, 06:13 PM
I tested out two products from MJG Technologies (electricmatch.com) for connecting initiators to Visco fuse. Both of them worked great and have no concerns about using them in my 4th of July show. I know they are a sponsor here so I thought I'd share a video of the test. I did cut the fuse at a pretty steep angle to increase the amount of black powder exposed. The products test were the Visco Clip and E-Match Port.

https://youtu.be/iixMtAgF1k4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iixMtAgF1k4

Greenville Pyro
04-11-2021, 07:09 PM
Nice job on this and thank you for posting. They also make a product that is a clear insert that fits visco. I know I’ve seen Dave do a video on it.

jamisonlm3
04-11-2021, 08:51 PM
I think I like the idea of vinyl tubing better. It's cheaper and you can cut it off the roll with those same cutters, but they all work. I'll continue to use the push the fuse into the shroud and tape method though.

upNdown
04-13-2021, 10:26 AM
I think I like the idea of vinyl tubing better. It's cheaper and you can cut it off the roll with those same cutters, but they all work. I'll continue to use the push the fuse into the shroud and tape method though.

Right? I appreciate the video @cutch316, but does anybody have any real reason not to just use tape? I can't think of one.

bigmike06
04-13-2021, 12:31 PM
I have used the visco clips the last few years. I do just like the video says, cut fuse at steep angle. 100% success.

WithReport
04-14-2021, 12:51 PM
5 years ago I bought a couple bags of those clips and the clips that have a passfire tube that you poke into a cake. I used a few of them and then realized poking cakes is simpler and provides better timing and taping works just as good for anything else. Also the clips don't work on some of the thinner fuses - typical with fountains. The only use I potentially still see with them is to use the port, which you could add to your fuse setup and then add a match to later.

Regardless, well done video.

cutch316
04-15-2021, 09:12 AM
Thanks, I only plan to use them to start off milk crate racks because I can't individually poke that many cans, especially laid out in that type of 5x5 setup. All my cakes and smaller racks will be individually poked and fired from the left charge.

ssmith512
04-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I only plan to use them to start off milk crate racks because I can't individually poke that many cans, especially laid out in that type of 5x5 setup. All my cakes and smaller racks will be individually poked and fired from the left charge.

Oh,... never ever ever fire from the left charge. Always always always fire from the right charge. ;)

Based on your vid, I am going to do the same as you and use the clips for the milk crate racks.

Thanks!

hatsgoods
04-15-2021, 02:27 PM
I have used the visco clips the last few years. I do just like the video says, cut fuse at steep angle. 100% success.

im gonna do similar video this weekend and work on edit during the week, but do it more on pro - 1.3G Class B side of things. it will be firewire/ematch to connector to the white quick hobby fuse that burns 1/4 second a foot into quickmatch. i have 1.3 and 1.4G PRO QM and also both connectors. ill do both the same of 1.3 and 1.4 taped and covered vs uncovered too.

cutch316
04-16-2021, 01:25 PM
im gonna do similar video this weekend and work on edit during the week, but do it more on pro - 1.3G Class B side of things. it will be firewire/ematch to connector to the white quick hobby fuse that burns 1/4 second a foot into quickmatch. i have 1.3 and 1.4G PRO QM and also both connectors. ill do both the same of 1.3 and 1.4 taped and covered vs uncovered too.

Nice, I'll make sure to watch it when it's posted.

Birdman
04-16-2021, 02:00 PM
I use the E-Match Port on my racks and occasionally on cakes. Never had a problem. Taping is fine but I don't like to match my racks until I'm setting up. The E-Match Port makes it easy because all I have to do is insert the MJG and secure it when I'm setting up. I make sure the E-Match Port is secure when I'm doing prep and have more time. It's a small time saver but it basically makes my racks as easy as wiring a cake with an e-port.

hatsgoods
04-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Nice, I'll make sure to watch it when it's posted.

im not sure when ill get the product in but hope by this weekend as there was a shipping problem but should be in shortly. i have a club shoot this weekend that im hoping to get everything in as for my up coming projects was from3 / 4 websites. some where late others on time. bu humb bug with the shipping crisis of china.