PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know what the fuse shortage is all about?

upNdown
04-02-2021, 10:43 PM
I keep reading fuse shortage, fuse shortage - everybody accepts it (or course there's a shortage; I can't find a foot of gray online) but I haven't read any explanations about what's going on with fuse and why?

Berserker23
04-02-2021, 11:35 PM
I sent you a Private Message

jamisonlm3
04-03-2021, 12:15 AM
It's because of the reaction to the virus that started spreading in late 2019. It's caused shipping prices not only to go up by quite a bit, but caused a shortage in containers as well. According to the first post in this thread (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?8633-Electronic-Initatiors-and-Consumer-Display-Shells), the fuse is already made and has been sitting for over a year, but finding a container to ship it in has been difficult. I can only guess they'd rather ship actual fireworks instead when they're able to get one. Fireworks aren't at the top of the list of things to ship asap. Fuse even more so. This is my rudimentary understanding of the situation.

Scotty Rockets
04-03-2021, 07:20 AM
Fuse can no longer be shipped mixed with fireworks. It must now ship in its own container. Firework “components” will be harder to ship from china now. Stay tuned for american made fuse, however I doubt fast grey will ever be available again.

displayfireworks1
04-03-2021, 08:51 AM
They say the public has a short memory. Everyone forgets that fuse smuggling incident from a couple of years back. I have seen what appears to be plenty of green fuse in retail outlets. I suspect they don't want to advertiser it online so someone does not buy it up and then there is none for their regular customers.
I am curious, do the people that try to find fuse also have a fireworks firing system? Or, are they the long fuse users? Off the top of my head one the few things I use fuse for maybe a row of artillery shells or Roman Candles.

PyroFL
04-03-2021, 11:40 AM
From ATF am hearing they might start clamping down on regulations and fusing of ANY kind not unless you have a ATF license

gecko2015
04-03-2021, 05:45 PM
From ATF am hearing they might start clamping down on regulations and fusing of ANY kind not unless you have a ATF license

What a joke. As the famous saying goes: "ATF should be a store, not a government entity".

jamisonlm3
04-03-2021, 11:19 PM
They say the public has a short memory. Everyone forgets that fuse smuggling incident from a couple of years back. I have seen what appears to be plenty of green fuse in retail outlets. I suspect they don't want to advertiser it online so someone does not buy it up and then there is none for their regular customers.
I am curious, do the people that try to find fuse also have a fireworks firing system? Or, are they the long fuse users? Off the top of my head one the few things I use fuse for maybe a row of artillery shells or Roman Candles.I seem to remember something about big getting into hot water for fuse, but please refresh my memory. The places I've checked for fuse have set up limits so people don't buy out their whole stock. The green fuse is the most common and can still be found online at a few places. I think just about every store I've ever been in has always had green fuse too. I feel like I've seen pink fuse before, but the green is far, far more common. I think many people needing fuse also have the 4 cue firing system with 1 or more modules. Some might use a single long piece of fuse, but many other probably break their show down to multiple cues with either MJGs or talons. I use fuse for shells and cakes, but I've also used it for novelties.

hatsgoods
04-05-2021, 11:03 AM
I am curious, do the people that try to find fuse also have a fireworks firing system? Or, are they the long fuse users? Off the top of my head one the few things I use fuse for maybe a row of artillery shells or Roman Candles.

i use a mix of different speed fuses on almost every show with my few ( like 5 systems ) firing systems. i am lucky i have about 10 rolls of the newer whits QUICK hobby fuse and 4 other older fuses from a few years ago so i have about 2 or 3 at most seasons worth of fuse on my end of shows and projets i do. i love roman candle racks too.

pyroboom
04-05-2021, 11:06 PM
Here's some info about fuse from my perspective:

http://www.pyroboom.com/Fuse-Info.aspx