PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say Thanks...

CozmicRooster
03-30-2021, 06:55 AM
I wanted to take minute to thanks:

Thanks to Dave for hosting the Pyrotalk website and Forums, and for dedicating the time to moderating and creating a professional environment and community for pyro enthusiasts.

Also thanks to all of you that are here and contribute to the continuing education/discussion/debate regarding everything pyro, and more :)

I feel lucky that this is one of the first places I joined after discovering the backyard pyro community. I have learned a lot in the time that I?ve been here and never would have imagined I would be thinking about pyromusicals at this point, yet here I am, new firing system and all...

I recently started using Facebook again after about a 4 year hiatus and in the process of thinning and reimagining my feed I added a couple of backyard fireworks groups. It has made me forever grateful that I started here, in a much more professional environment. Yes, I realize I?m talking about FB and online groups in general but it somehow continues to amaze me to see the level of negativity and general idiocy that emanates from those pages lol. It?s not all bad but if that?s your starting point then there?s definitely nowhere to go but up.

Yes, there are other pyro forums that are also good, which many here are also members, but so far I have found this one to be the most active.

Thanks for taking me in and providing a safe and professional path to guide my pyro passions :)

Greenville Pyro
03-30-2021, 07:02 AM
Very well said and I couldn't agree more. I am part of those same Facebook groups and I'm sure that many here are as well. I agree that sometimes the level of idiocy and lack of safety is mind boggling. Here, I have found nothing but experience and (for the most part) sanity. I've learned more here than anywhere else. I too am astounded that I am now e-fire and awaiting a FEL. 2 things that I hadn't dreamed of doing years ago. A big shout out to Dave and everyone here for all the help and encouragement.

DavidthePyro
03-30-2021, 08:00 AM
I also recently joined one called backyard something or other.

I see a few people in the industry, both wholesalers and pyro supplies, in the group. There is a lot of chest-puffing. There are a lot of under-experienced people. There is a lot of evidence against fireworks if you ask me. Launching near homes all the time is one of the worst thing I see. It's a shame, but the truth of the matter is, you have to ask these people how badly do you want it? They don't want it bad enough to do things the right way. Alright I've vented.

I hope that this gap can shrink someday. Just as we've shrunk the gap between backyard pyro and professional displays. Just gotta want it bad enough.

Crush630
03-30-2021, 10:14 AM
If only IL would loosen up pyro laws.

DavidthePyro
03-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Just wanted to clarify on my comment I made. There are people in the industry in the group I am in, but that is not related to the chest-puffers and all that. Just stated that to illustrate my impression when joining.

I am so thankful for this group. While my time here has been short, how it has helped me is a long list.

You guys help me to become a better person. Hearing perspective has been valuable. I think this forum is exactly the kind of situation where it shows how good people can be. Here's to many more years to come

Scotty Rockets
03-30-2021, 12:27 PM
Many of those groups are badly moderated and I have joined and left many of them. There is one who must not be named here that I do highly recommend though. Something about a universe of some sort mixed with pyrotechnics, LOL

Scotty Rockets
03-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Just to add that sadly facebook has taken over the Fireworks/Pyrotechnics forum format.

displayfireworks1
03-30-2021, 07:27 PM
I wanted to take minute to thanks:

Thanks to Dave for hosting the Pyrotalk website and Forums, and for dedicating the time to moderating and creating a professional environment and community for pyro enthusiasts.

Also thanks to all of you that are here and contribute to the continuing education/discussion/debate regarding everything pyro, and more :)

I feel lucky that this is one of the first places I joined after discovering the backyard pyro community. I have learned a lot in the time that I?ve been here and never would have imagined I would be thinking about pyromusicals at this point, yet here I am, new firing system and all...

I recently started using Facebook again after about a 4 year hiatus and in the process of thinning and reimagining my feed I added a couple of backyard fireworks groups. It has made me forever grateful that I started here, in a much more professional environment. Yes, I realize I?m talking about FB and online groups in general but it somehow continues to amaze me to see the level of negativity and general idiocy that emanates from those pages lol. It?s not all bad but if that?s your starting point then there?s definitely nowhere to go but up.

Yes, there are other pyro forums that are also good, which many here are also members, but so far I have found this one to be the most active.

Thanks for taking me in and providing a safe and professional path to guide my pyro passions :)

Nice to hear that positive feedback about the pyrotalk forums. With the help and support of my advertisers and the pyrotalk members, pyrotalk continues to be the home for advancing fireworks enthusiast. Whatever is good and/or bad about Facebook is , the post at the time lives in the moment and then it fades from memory as it scrolls down and new post take its place. I suspect the people you are referencing posting on Facebook are the same ones that destroyed at least two pyro discussion forums in the past. Don't expect any positive reinforcement from those groups. Here on the pyrotalk forums , you can search information all the way back to 2011.