PDA

View Full Version : Got My Licence

Salivengo
03-25-2021, 11:06 AM
Finally received my license in the mail, after a 6 month wait. Mailed it in back in early November, think the mail service caused some of the delay. The interview was easy and the inspector was very friendly and knowable, got the license in the mail a week after. Question for you folks in Northern Indiana, who is the best supplier of 1.3 fireworks within a 4 hour drive from Fort Wayne. I think I have reviewed all of the products from the below companies, just not sure who is the best to deal with. Also want to go to a demo this year, anyone know when Lynch will post there demo date, there the company I'm most interested in at this point.

Wayne's World
Ace Pyro
Lynch Imports
RMK
Other?

Crush630
03-25-2021, 12:11 PM
were r u located?

Salivengo
03-25-2021, 12:19 PM
Between Fort Wayne and Warsaw

displayfireworks1
03-25-2021, 12:31 PM
Curious do you have a magazine?

ssmith512
03-25-2021, 01:05 PM
Welcome fellow Hoosier!!

Lynch will NOT be doing a demo this year :(. They just posted their 2021 catalog last week.

My experience is with both Lynch and Wayne's World. Cant say enough good things about them both.

Salivengo
03-26-2021, 03:49 AM
Dave I don’t have a mag yet. Planning on putting one in. Just can’t decide if I want to do a job box or build a small shed.

displayfireworks1
03-26-2021, 07:14 AM
Before you shop around so to speak you should be making a purchase from the distributor that gave you the storage agreement. A frequent complaint I get from distributors is they help people get licensed and never see them as a customer

Crush630
03-26-2021, 12:54 PM
so if you don't have a mag... who gave you storage? Have you asked them?

BMoore
03-26-2021, 04:19 PM
Totally agree that you should buy from whoever gave you the contingency agreement. It may seem simple enough for them to give you that letter, but consider the fact that they are associating their own license with yours which does put them at risk. If you do something wrong, that may well trigger an investigation of the distributor which at a minimum is an administrative burden. The least you can do is patronize that distributor. That being said, I've bought from Lynch for the past 4 years and have had nothing but good experiences. Their demo is cancelled this year but most of their products have videos online.

Salivengo
03-27-2021, 10:02 PM
I plan to buy from the company who gave me contingency storage, I got letters from multiple. I plan to have a magazine put in by the 4th, I don't plan to buy everything from the same place. I'm just asking were you guys like to do business, who has the best products, for the best prices. I really like the videos Lynch has online of there products, some of the other company's are really hit and miss on product videos.

Crush630
03-28-2021, 03:16 PM
interesing:confused:

YorkPyro
05-26-2021, 10:59 PM
Finally got my call to schedule my interview for next Wednesday! Super excited!

ssmith512
05-27-2021, 02:17 PM
Almost there!

displayfireworks1
05-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Finally got my call to schedule my interview for next Wednesday! Super excited!

Great, keep us posted. Curious did the ATF set you up with a virtual interview or an in-person face to face interview? I am wondering where the ATF is currently at in regard to these interviews.

Zippster
05-31-2021, 03:32 PM
Great, keep us posted. Curious did the ATF set you up with a virtual interview or an in-person face to face interview? I am wondering where the ATF is currently at in regard to these interviews.

I just recently had my transfer to a new state / renewal and it was in person.

YorkPyro
05-31-2021, 10:18 PM

Honestly Dave I am not sure he didn't state either way. But I think it will be in person. When he called and asked what time would work best for me I asked him how late to late was and his response was I can make it when ever. Hes is from Philadelphia.

YorkPyro
06-10-2021, 10:27 PM
Finally my application is pushed through. My ATF officer said I should get it in a couple weeks. Now I just have to have the state inspect my storage magazine and get the permit from them I guess. Hopefully I can get it all just in time to pick up aa couple things for the 4th. If not there will other holidays and celebrations.

Greenville Pyro
06-11-2021, 06:53 AM
Probably not this late in the game. Note some states require permits and operators licenses. I’d check into it. If nothing else you’ve got a whole year of a jumpstart for next years show

hatsgoods
06-27-2021, 01:17 PM
congrats on your type 54.