PDA

View Full Version : Storing fireworks after shipment

Berserker23
03-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a stupid question but when you receive your shipment do you leave the stretch wrap on the fireworks in the garage until your ready to set up I?m from Florida so I?m afraid of moisture.

PyroFL
03-05-2021, 09:14 PM
Florida located

I used to keep everything I had gotten in a spare room in the house to keep control of humidity levels.

This year I will be moving everything to the garage where I have just insulated my garage door to R17.6 and installed a split AC to control temperature and humidity level. This will become the new firework work shop for May and June this year.

Speaking to others in FL some do garage with split AC, shed or work barn with AC.

What part of FL are you in?

Charles

Birdman
03-06-2021, 01:13 PM
This year is my first wholesale shipment. I had no choice but to break down my pallet. Depending what's in the order and how it was packed, I would break it down just to confirm everything was received and there is no damage. I keep my stash in the house until I get it to my shoot site in the spring where it stays in a shed until the 4th.

RalphieJ
03-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a stupid question but when you receive your shipment do you leave the stretch wrap on the fireworks in the garage until your ready to set up I?m from Florida so I?m afraid of moisture.

After traveling 1700 miles in a container across the Pacific and another 1800 miles across the states without any harmful affects, I wouldn't think removing the wrap once inside your garage would make any difference.

PyroKing31
03-06-2021, 02:46 PM
1.4 is just stored normally in my detached garage. shells get broken down out of kits and stored in 5 gal home depot buckets with lids. 1 bucket holds about 100 4" canister shells. Cakes are stacked and organized.

I have stored 500g cakes stored this way outside there master carton for years and have not had issues, Oldest stored is probably 8 years. I did have some 10 year old shells have some slow/ inconsistent burn time on the fuses where they were folded.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-07-2021, 11:24 PM
I live in Tampa and all my stuff sits in my garage. It's been in there since last month. Not worried about it in the least. I had 100 mortars wired up with fast-fuse a few years ago that didn't fire. I put them in the garage and dug them out a year later and they all fired perfectly without me having to do a thing to them. Probably not the brightest thing to leave them fused like that for a year, but that aside....

jamisonlm3
03-08-2021, 10:12 PM
It's my understanding that during their making, storage and eventual shipping, it's not uncommon for them to be in a very humid environment. As long as they don't get wet and stay dry, they should be fine. I'm not suggesting you keep them outside under a tarp, but an unheated garage or shed should be perfectly fine.