PDA

View Full Version : Indian import firecrackers

FinnAmerican
02-25-2021, 04:38 PM
Part of my cracker stash
Made in India for the U.S. market. Has anyone seen other products imported from India..

halk
02-25-2021, 05:08 PM
Seen a lot of those cube salutes wrapped in green twine, but don't know if they got here legally.

jamisonlm3
02-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Those are neat! I like them. I've never heard of them, but stuff from india is very rare here in the state. I hope that changes as costs continue tor rise in china.

displayfireworks1
02-25-2021, 08:28 PM
Part of my cracker stash
Made in India for the U.S. market. Has anyone seen other products imported from India..

That looks like some bootleg Black Cat copy. I would be curious to see what the actual firecrackers inside look like.

displayfireworks1
02-25-2021, 08:32 PM
Seen a lot of those cube salutes wrapped in green twine, but don't know if they got here legally.

I had so many of those green India firecrackers I didn't know what to do with them. If you look way back at one of my Kellner open shoot videos , you can see where I fused up a bunch just to get rid of them. Now they are collector items. LOL The first year they were imported the fuses were junk. I have not see a good fuse come of India yet.

wingman
02-26-2021, 01:16 AM
I had some of the green crackers years ago. They're called Sutli Bombs because the green-dyed jute twine in Hindi is called Sutli. The fuses on them were actually pretty good and seemed to be an unlacquered visco dipped with bp slurry at the tip. The majority of Sutli bombs or other Indian crackers had a really sketchy fuse that was basically thread soaked in a bp slurry and then wrapped/twisted in tissue paper. They were often so fast or unreliable that people in India have taken to peel back the tissue paper in order to expose and fray a bit of the thread which burns slow uncovered in order to buy some time to get away.

gweilo
02-26-2021, 10:59 AM
As you can see, these Super Cat firecrackers were brought in by Air Capital Fireworks in Wichita, I would guess at least 30 years ago. I know they weren't around for very long as Li & Fung claimed they were infringing on their Black Cat brand (as they obviously were). I have a pack, and the crackers look pretty normal. It's hard to tell through the opaque red pack wrap, but they seem to have white stars on the shell wraps? I never fired any off, as I assumed they wouldn't be very good (similar to the Taiwan brands). If anybody DID try them I'd sure be interested in how they performed.

halk
02-26-2021, 11:28 PM
Still many around. Took me a long time to get rid of most of mine. I do have one other pack of crackers from India

Sri Ramalakshmi's Dhosth Electric Goa Crackers SRM
32 1-11/16" p has Drosth "Shake Hands" logo

Found in WI of all places.

an-eighties-kid
02-27-2021, 10:37 AM
I love those Srivikas Supercats and i was luckily enough to snag a FULL brick of these babies a few years ago and its in perfect condition.

FinnAmerican
02-28-2021, 08:14 PM
gweilo, what area in Michigan are you in...?
-John

halk
02-28-2021, 09:49 PM
I'm also looking for a collector or shooter to pick up some of the unusual cracker items from Jeff's Fwks. in the Cadillac/Fenton area.

gweilo
03-01-2021, 10:14 AM
Lansing area