PDA

View Full Version : Burglary

belmec3825
01-28-2021, 06:01 AM
just this last Tuesday morning was really bad for me. I arrived at my little hobby shop to find the lock was missing and someone had gone inside. Long story short, Monday night around 7:30 p.m. someone broke into my little shop and spent 20 minutes rummaging. In the end they stole the 2 boat batteries and power inverter used to power the lights and radio as my shed had no electricity. They also took a 5 pound package of unopened airfloat charcoal, 2 pounds of new indian dark powder, 3 pounds of unopened FEO3, my new time fuse which i haven't got to enjoy, 6 pounds of sulfur, 4 - 20 foot rolls of green visco fuse and my propane tanks for my mr heater. the owner and i were not able to see them on video and the police really have no leads.

I was so torn up about this. I work hard for every penny I have. I work hard to pay my bills and provide for my family and finally to have just a little for myself to have a hobby which I really enjoy. I don't know why my place was targeted other than it had to be someone casing it out and curious about what I do in my shed. I has really torn me apart.

Everyone, I hope you all have good security where you are and I hope this doesn't happen to you. I hope you all don't have the same misfortune as me.

Arclight
01-28-2021, 12:09 PM
That sucks. I would report it to ATF as well. You might get more traction with them due to all of the protester/terrorist stuff going on.

Crush630
01-28-2021, 03:15 PM
Report that to ATF and WI State Patrol ASAP

Rick_In_Tampa
01-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Yeah you need to call the ATF, FBI, and the State Police ASAP. If any of that is used to harm someone or something and they can trace it back to you, that's going to be an even worse day for you.

Beyond that, I'm sorry to hear you were victimized like that. It sucks for sure. Hopefully you can restock your supplies before too long.

Tmaas77572
11-26-2021, 11:28 AM
If it's a remote shed, I was intrigued by the Ring Jobsite Security package they came out with. May be worth it, or at minimum a trail cam mounted inside/near the shed. We've been looking into plans for building a magazine, and was looking at some form of security for it.

Sorry to hear about this, very frustrating on numerous levels.

https://ring.com/jobsite-security

Arclight
11-26-2021, 12:05 PM
I would agree that the ATF is a lot less busy and might actually do an investigation here. Also, you might want to look at the battery-powered cellular game cameras like Spypoint. I have some of theses, and they actually come with free basic service (no plan needed). They are probably having a black Friday sale:

https://www.spypoint.com/en

displayfireworks1
11-26-2021, 09:14 PM
Be careful calling the ATF over a few hundred dollars or less of stolen chemicals. I would write that one off. Unless you want to answer a whole bunch of questions. Besides , unless someone stole finished products , the ATF does not need involved . This kind of stealing makes me suspicious of someone you may know. Not sure what the dollar about is, if it amounts to more than $500.00 turn it in to your homeowners. If not just write it off. I would skip the chemicals and fuse on the itemization of missing items if you do turn it in to home owners insurance.

Arclight
11-27-2021, 02:36 AM
If you're not a licensee, then yeah maybe not worth it. If you already reported it to your local police, I think you've done enough to avoid future trouble. You're call for sure.