PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Orleans, Louisiana

Waynepyroanimal
01-14-2021, 01:47 PM
Hey everyone I?m from New Orleans and I am in the process of obtaining my type 54 or ?class B? pyro license :cool:

displayfireworks1
01-14-2021, 04:38 PM
That's great I hope you get the ATF Inspector man in Mississippi has. LOL This is all new to them. I told them get ready because the future is advanced fireworks enthusiast making its way south.

Waynepyroanimal
01-14-2021, 07:02 PM
That's great I hope you get the ATF Inspector man in Mississippi has. LOL This is all new to them. I told them get ready because the future is advanced fireworks enthusiast making its way south.

I?m hoping they won?t give me to much trouble. I?ve been in contact with a guy who owns Pyromania Fireworks who is willing to allow me to use his storage for my contingency until I get a type 4 construction box all taken care of. I hope enthusiasts down south will start to join this hobby because we have some of the best weather for shooting fireworks! Stephen Lynch has also been a big help with pointing me in a good direction so I definitely owe him a big thanks

displayfireworks1
01-14-2021, 07:55 PM
Now that I heard Stephen helped you I have a reason to give Lynch Imports to renew their advertising contract me this year when the time comes. LOL

Waynepyroanimal
01-14-2021, 08:14 PM
Now that I heard Stephen helped you I have a reason to give Lynch Imports to renew their advertising contract me this year when the time comes. LOL

Lol. I wish I lived up north. Everything would be so much easier. Ive had to call several places down here in Louisiana to see if they would sell me display fireworks or allow me contingency storage with them

displayfireworks1
01-14-2021, 09:03 PM
I was in New Orleans right after the flood , I believe the year was 2006 or 2007. My family helped clean up a property , now that has a term is called a "Work Vacation" or something along those lines. Eating at Popeye's chicken in the devastated 9th Ward with locals and Federal workers, of course Bourbon st and a bar worker selling my young daughter a test tube shot of alcohol in the street , oh lets not forget the oyster restaurant and the Po' Boys. Or the woman standing out side of the Hustler Club on Bourbon st that I kept looking at until my wife about slapped me. LOL The cemetery with six people in one spot laid to rest above ground and one getting evicted because his family did not pay the proper fee. The one thing my wife and I still laugh about to this day is. FEMA the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Someone was selling T-Shirts the said FEMA "Fix Everything My Ass". To me New Orleans is one of those places that is scary and fun at the same time.
I have not followed it in a while , last I heard the man that was shooting display fireworks in New Orleans sold it to Pyrotecnico. That man then moved over to Mississippi and started the same type of display business. The ATF office out of New Orleans also handles part of Mississippi. The regional ATF out of New Orleans is not use to seeing an advanced fireworks enthusiast that are not in business. They already delayed and eventually convinced and ATF applicant to withdraw his application. If you manage to apply, they are going to say oh sh%t here it comes again. Not sure if you purchased my ATF/DVD application package or not. I have some advice I give out when the ATF tells you to withdraw the application.
That entire Southern Region of United States from Texas , Alabama , Georgia etc. is the new frontier for someone that wants to start selling 1.3 fireworks.

Waynepyroanimal
01-15-2021, 01:41 PM
I was in New Orleans right after the flood , I believe the year was 2006 or 2007. My family helped clean up a property , now that has a term is called a "Work Vacation" or something along those lines. Eating at Popeye's chicken in the devastated 9th Ward with locals and Federal workers, of course Bourbon st and a bar worker selling my young daughter a test tube shot of alcohol in the street , oh lets not forget the oyster restaurant and the Po' Boys. Or the woman standing out side of the Hustler Club on Bourbon st that I kept looking at until my wife about slapped me. LOL
The cemetery with six people in one spot laid to rest above ground and one getting evicted because his family did not pay the proper fee. The one thing my wife and I still laugh about to this day is. FEMA the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Someone was selling T-Shirts the said FEMA "Fix Everything My Ass". To me New Orleans is one of those places that is scary and fun at the same time.
I have not followed it in a while , last I heard the man that was shooting display fireworks in New Orleans sold it to Pyrotecnico. That man then moved over to Mississippi and started the same type of display business. The ATF office out of New Orleans also handles part of Mississippi. The regional ATF out of New Orleans is not use to seeing an advanced fireworks enthusiast that are not in business. They already delayed and eventually convinced and ATF applicant to withdraw his application. If you manage to apply, they are going to say oh sh%t here it comes again. Not sure if you purchased my ATF/DVD application package or not. I have some advice I give out when the ATF tells you to withdraw the application.
That entire Southern Region of United States from Texas , Alabama , Georgia etc. is the new frontier for someone that wants to start selling 1.3 fireworks.

Its pretty crazy down in the city. I stay away from there. Getting drunk on bourbon gets old quick LOL.
I havent purchased your DVD application package. Ill probably order it just in case I do get told to withdraw my application. Just got my finger print cards in yesterday and I’m working on getting contingency storage with GEAUX PYRO. They seem like they are gonna allow me to use storage with them. Me and my fianc? are looking at houses on the North Shore which is more open country with lots of open land. I feel like I will have a better chance at getting my license if I have a magazine further away from suburban areas. I do know the state of louisiana is very very strict about fireworks so my chances are probably very slim but I’m gonna try and be extra prepared when I send in my application and finger print cards in to the ATF. I want them to know that I’m gonna do whatever they need me to do in order to get my license.

pyromagic
02-16-2022, 10:47 PM
Geaux Pyro are some great people!

nawlinsboy2007
01-11-2024, 02:09 PM
@Waynepyroanimal I know this is an older post but just wondering if you were able to obtain your license.. Im around New Orleans and about to apply for my type 54 also. Just looking for some insight. Thanks