PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Central Kentucky!

Vwmk5r32
01-11-2021, 11:26 PM
Hello, my fellow sky artist! My name that I go by is Pryo Steve but that was already taken on here. To many Steve's in the world. I have been lighting the sky up for 16 yrs now and e-firing for the last 4 yrs. Man what difference. I also have been only buying from the same place for 16 yrs, which is why I decided to finally join the forums because of my last 4th of july experience with them and the research I have been doing. Damn I have been dumb and feel like I wasted money when I could have been doing wholesale this whole time. I have been following Dave on tube for some time now.

So which brings me to my questions, so I have been looking hard for places to buy from and become a new loyal customer. I have narrowed it down to wfboom (already have a cart loaded) and spirit of 76 (do to them having the mjg ignitors). First time ever doing this. So now for the questions, when is the best time to order? When does stores inventory normally restock?(I know the covid and new China restrictions has had a dampener on this) and any suggestions? Like I said I'm a virgin to the wholesale stuff. Thank you in advance

tonyr
01-12-2021, 03:14 PM
I would recommend taking a look at American Wholesale Fireworks as well. I don't know what this year is going to bring so I am ordering now; at least 70% of it anyway. Will have to wait and see what begins to filter in. Also take a look at the different discount structures and shipping costs at these wholesalers. You might be surprised at the cost differences.

topshelfpyro
01-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Fireworks Forever, Victory Fireworks, 76 is probably the most expensive out there even at "gold $2k orders" pricing, really depends on who has what your looking for and your budget....shop around but try to narrow it down to 1 or 2 suppliers if possible to maximize your purchasing power

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Steve.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-12-2021, 09:57 PM
You're not going to go wrong with WF Boom, SO76, or any of the other vendors on here. The best time to buy is NOW!!! There is a big shortage this year due to covid, US Customs, and port/shipping issues in China. Many vendors are selling out of products quickly. So the sooner you order, the sooner you can guarantee that you'll have what you want on the 4th. As some have said, who you buy from depends on a lot of factors. You need to find the vendor or vendors that have what you like, and make the best deal that you can based on your budget. I order from two vendors because neither one has everything I like, but together, they have products that make for an amazing show. For me anyway. So don't wait! Get those shopping carts built and pull the trigger!

BMoore
01-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum! I'm from KY as well (near Cincinnati). In a normal year, March-April is a good time to order as that's when vendors are stocking up. If the vendor has a spring demo you may want to wait until then to see the product. That's also generally when they try to have all their product in-stock for the season. This year who knows. If you see something you really want don't procrastinate.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-13-2021, 03:40 PM
Hello, my fellow sky artist! My name that I go by is Pryo Steve but that was already taken on here. To many Steve's in the world. I have been lighting the sky up for 16 yrs now and e-firing for the last 4 yrs. Man what difference. I also have been only buying from the same place for 16 yrs, which is why I decided to finally join the forums because of my last 4th of july experience with them and the research I have been doing. Damn I have been dumb and feel like I wasted money when I could have been doing wholesale this whole time. I have been following Dave on tube for some time now.

So which brings me to my questions, so I have been looking hard for places to buy from and become a new loyal customer. I have narrowed it down to wfboom (already have a cart loaded) and spirit of 76 (do to them having the mjg ignitors). First time ever doing this. So now for the questions, when is the best time to order? When does stores inventory normally restock?(I know the covid and new China restrictions has had a dampener on this) and any suggestions? Like I said I'm a virgin to the wholesale stuff. Thank you in advance

Pyro Steve give me a call o r shoot me an email and I can help you with your decision.

Vwmk5r32
01-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I completely agree with some companies being expensive or buy this much to get better discounts, when the discounted price is still higher then anybody else. Also diffenetly been checking the shipping cost on places. I cant believe there are still companies trying to make profit off of shipping, 2 places in the same area but almost 120 bucks difference. (Had the same items in cart just to see what the difference in shipping cost were) Lol!

I have been looking for 6 months now at alot of different place, driving my wife crazy with all the different videos and saying hey check this one out. It sucks that I waited this long to do this for the simple fact is alot of what I'm looking for is out of stock or not sure if I can get my hands on it. Oh well, I will be placing my first order in a week or less, just have to finish looking at a couple more things.

Mr. Ray Hall I will be emailing you hopefully later on today. Thanks again for everyone's help with putting things in perspective.

Also where can you buy some really good shells right now?