PDA

View Full Version : Restrictions and Bans

FinnAmerican
01-09-2021, 06:08 PM
With all the latest news on Consumer Fireworks restrictions and possible bans throughout the U.S. and around the world. This video helps to show what pyro amateurs do that might contribute to bans/restrictions that may ruin the hobby for the rest of us.
The state governments should require a paid permit for more powerful fireworks and including a short safety instruction class for those applying for a permit. Just my thoughts to help prevent restrictions in the near future caused by the actions of amateur pyros.

https://youtu.be/zZz_tNMqK_E

MortarRack
01-09-2021, 06:44 PM
With all the latest news on Consumer Fireworks restrictions and possible bans throughout the U.S. and around the world. This video helps to show what pyro amateurs do that might contribute to bans/restrictions that may ruin the hobby for the rest of us.
The state governments should require a paid permit for more powerful fireworks and including a short safety instruction class for those applying for a permit. Just my thoughts to help prevent restrictions in the near future caused by the actions of amateur pyros.

https://youtu.be/zZz_tNMqK_E

It is dumb people like this that are getting places to ban fireworks....

jamisonlm3
01-09-2021, 07:19 PM
Besides the obvious dumb stuff, I can't tell if people are getting 1.3 stuff and not know what to do with it or if those are actual shows gone wrong.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-10-2021, 10:55 PM
It looked to me like a bunch of dummies that didn't brace their 1.4 products and/or lit them upside down. I didn't make it half way through before I had to shut it off. It was just too ignorant to watch.

Arclight
01-11-2021, 12:26 AM
I agree - it looks like 1.4 product that tipped over or was lit upside down. Some those are clearly European, and the things they allow/ban are different also.That guy who lit the mortar while holding it is lucky it just failed to launch well. Someone was killed shooting one of those off of their forehead. That's a lot more recoil impulse than a 50 BMG.

WithReport
01-11-2021, 12:49 AM
There may be some lessons learned in videos like that, but I think I'd prefer the poster just delete it. I'd rather see safe setups, creative shows, good product, etc. These "fail" videos are just used to feed the machines that drive further restrictions and bans and I think the posters are using it for clickbait. I made it about 20 seconds in and closed it.

Scotty Rockets
01-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Those discussions are never ending. This video is completed garbage and nothing more than sensationalism. I agree with with WithReport on this.