PDA

View Full Version : RENEWAL Processing Time

BMoore
01-06-2021, 09:59 AM
I know we've been reading a lot about new ATF applicant processing times but how quickly have they been turning around renewal applications? My license expires Feb. 1st. My interview was conducted last spring so that is out of the way. I mailed in my renewal application Nov. 5th and the check was cashed on Nov. 12th and I'm still waiting. I like to exercise patience with the ATF but I did have an inspector warn me once to make sure renewals are processed before expiration as it can cause issues. Should I call or give it more time?

Arclight
01-06-2021, 03:22 PM
You should call. The ATF can send you a letter that states your renewal is pending and that you are allowed to continue operating until then,

Mattp
01-30-2021, 08:53 PM
Renewal application??? My first renewal is coming up soon... do I need to contact them for a renewal application?? Or do they contact me first???

Crush630
02-02-2021, 03:39 PM
29 days for my renew last fall.

BMoore
02-02-2021, 04:10 PM
Just a quick update for those interested - I did end up calling and they e-mailed me a letter basically giving me a 6 month extension on my old permit. As it turns out, my permanent arrived in the mail on Feb. 1st, the same day my old one expired. So just a few days shy of 3 months from when I mailed it in.

Mattp - They automatically mail out the renewal packet about 90 days before your expiration.

Mattp
02-16-2021, 07:41 PM
Wow.. talk about perfect timing ... glad it worked out.. thanks for teply!!