PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur Platinum VS Excalibur

MortarRack
01-05-2021, 01:32 PM
So, one of my Excalibur Platinum's black tops fell off, and I realized that the top inch and a half or so was just empty... I opened a Excalibur shell, and it was filled almost all the to the top. Are the Platinums really worth the extra $25 per box? ($75 for Excal, $100 for PLatinum).

Birdman
01-05-2021, 02:29 PM
From what I get from videos and reviews.....no. I just can't notice any major difference. It doesn't matter if it's a 5 inch canister, they can't put any more composition in it so your just getting more cardboard. IMO buy the cheapest 60g cans you can find and fire in multiples. One nice thing about excals is that each shell is marked with the effects and are generally accurate. Although I have heard of shells being mislabeled.

That's my 2 cents

jamisonlm3
01-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Don't be surprised by that huge air pocket on the top of the shell. Just about every 5" shell and up will have that air pocket unless they fill it with clay for the top plug. A 4" shell has more than enough room to fit the full 60g.

MortarRack
01-05-2021, 04:51 PM
I feel a little cheated... The regular Excals don't say 60G on them though, but the Platinum ones do.

wingman
01-05-2021, 04:57 PM
You may want to consider Brother's Quest cans. They seem to outperform other cans marketed as 5" when Quest cans are 4 inchers.