PDA

View Full Version : starting the license process

sum1sumwhere
01-04-2021, 11:54 AM
hello pyros starting the license process using the dvd set from dave but was wondering if anybody knows for the state of georgia if i need to get the state fire marshall to come and inspect my magazine first before the atf agent or is this needed at all? thanks

pyroshaun
01-09-2021, 11:27 PM
The atf will send a form to your local fire Marshall to fill out and they will come inspect before or after atf

displayfireworks1
01-09-2021, 11:46 PM
That whole southern region Mississippi . Alabama and Georgia needs shaken up with advanced pyrotechnics. I did everything I could to tell a recent Mississippi applicant not to voluntarily withdraw the application and the ATF Inspector still convinced him to do so. Its all very frustrating sometimes. In that area of the country and notice I didn't say states because it is a Federal procedure , the ATF is not use to seeing advanced fireworks enthusiast. Thus, don't assume they are knowledgeable about explosives other than those few display companies in the areas. Most states do regulate explosive storage, you just need to figure out does the ATF accept what the state approves or the state approves what the ATF approves. You find when the state comes to inspect the magazine, they bring the Federal ATF "Orange Book" with them. Redundant government all the way.

Arclight
01-10-2021, 04:03 AM
Tell me about it. I have to pay about $300/year to have the Sheriff come out and inspect me every year. It seems like one or the other agency could just accept the other's inspection.