PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 ATF Record Keeping - Manufacturer?s marks of identification

Bitzan
01-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Pyro Friends,
I realize that in many cases the receipt from acquiring 1.3 fireworks has all of the information required for ATF record keeping. Ignoring that method for a moment, and instead focusing on keeping a log as outlined by the ATF, what are the "Manufacturer?s marks of identification" that need to be recorded?

Looking at a box of Flower King 1.3 cakes I can see the following:
First Photo
19AMF (UPPER LEFT)
40F203/112/19 (UPPER RIGHT)
Manufacture Date: 2019-05-17 (LOWER LEFT RED PRINT)
Shift #1 (LOWER LEFT RED PRINT)
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5462&stc=1

Second Photo
EX: 2012120486
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5463&stc=1

What information would need to be included in my log?

Arclight
01-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Manufacturer, product name and the date/shift code. Since explosives are totally consumed when they get used, they don't bother with a serial number. The compromise by marking each case and each item with the maker, the date of manufacture and the shift/facility. This is enough information to trace a lost or stolen product back.

Bitzan
01-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Arclight,
Thank you. One more question as I want to set up my record keeping correctly.

I thought I remembered, but cannot find now, a requirement to keep a record of use.

All I can find now however is a requirement for
1) physical inventories, at least annually
2) Record of Acquisition
3) Record of Disposition TO ANOTHER PERMITTEE OR A LICENSEE

Can you help clarify? Thanks in advance for helping me advance!

- John

Arclight
01-04-2021, 01:37 AM
Do you have a magazine? If you do, you'll need a DSMT or Daily Summary of Magazine Transactions. You'll need a sheet for each item listing the info above and how much you take out and then bring back in along with the date each time you shoot.

Others can answer the question better if you use contingency storage. I believe most people just keep the receipts, write "Fired same day" and sign and date them when they use the product.

Arclight
01-04-2021, 01:54 AM
Do you have a magazine? If you do, you'll need a DSMT or Daily Summary of Magazine Transactions. You'll need a sheet for each item listing the info above and how much you take out and then bring back in along with the date each time you shoot.

Others can answer the question better if you use contingency storage. I believe most people just keep the receipts, write "Fired same day" and sign and date them when they use the product.

ssmith512
01-04-2021, 10:11 AM
I believe most people just keep the receipts, write "Fired same day" and sign and date them when they use the product.

^^^^^^That's what I did. Filed it away with my Record's of Acquisition.

Just got my Type 54 a couple of months ago. Contingency storage. Made my first 1.3 purchase last Thursday morning. Shot it Thursday night.

BOOM!