PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Show 2020 First

Schooter4
01-01-2021, 04:58 PM
After years of hand firing my shows, I got a Cobra System this year for New Year's Eve show. First time ever shooting on NYE. The temperature at shoot time was a balmy 19 Degrees! Lesson learned my computer doesn't like 19 degrees. A huge shout out to Cobra Zach for calling me after I sent a help message on the show creator. I wasn't able to get my SMPTE work when my computer was cold. Next year I will get a cord to run from my dining room table to my deck. I don't have audio of the fireworks but I was able to put Billy Joel's "We didn't Start the Fire" in editing.

If you live in Northwest Wisconsin, checkout Fireworks Liquidators in Cadott.

Enjoy the video and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

https://www.facebook.com/751940620/videos/10164337271740621/

Schooter4
01-02-2021, 11:39 PM
My wife recorded it with her phone and during the finally, she just kept laughing in an excited laugh! Today when I was watching others' firework shows on youtube she was watching. Prior to NYE she would just roll her eyes and be on her phone. And when I talk about my 4th of July show she is actually interested and not rolling her eyes lol. Thank's to everyone that posts videos of their show. Dave, thank you for all of your videos and this forum! I would never have been inspired to up my game without them!

WithReport
01-03-2021, 03:05 AM
I can relate on the wife front. After our first Pryomusical, my wife simply said, "can we by more?" -LOL. (Over the years, I've keep adding cues. Getting close to 700 soon :rolleyes: )

As for the video, now its time to find a tripod and decent camera. I want everyone to just enjoy the fireworks. I tell people not to try to film it on their phones, just enjoy I as have it recorded on cameras and will post it later. (with that said, there was one shoot that, due to sever weather, we did not get cameras set up and did compile a video off of people's phone footage.)

Birdman
01-03-2021, 11:49 AM
I can also relate on the wife front. I think a big part of it is simply the safety factor when you switch to efiring that makes the fireworks more enjoyable for those less "risk adverse". Of course the production quality goes way up too. I thought I would miss the thrill of the light and run when I first decided to efire but man was I wrong.

WithReport
01-03-2021, 12:49 PM
Yep, the safety factor is what first got me going into e-firing for the 4th and other personal events. We did the 20+ minute fuse block party show with multiple items fused in parallel. Then one year we had a cake blow - BIG. I realized I really had no way to stop everything and assess the situation. Soon after that, I first bought some RFRemotech units for the safety aspect. Then years later stepped up into scripting and music - that is when my wife became a bigger supporter :)

Schooter4
01-03-2021, 01:05 PM
When my finally went off the way I was expecting.... I might have gotten a little teary-eyed. And to hear my family so excited was so awesome. I spend about 10-15 hours scripting and perfecting the timing right and another 10+ hours fusing and setting up the show. So I am guessing that is why I might have gotten a little emotional over it lol.

Birdman
01-03-2021, 01:56 PM
When my finally went off the way I was expecting.... I might have gotten a little teary-eyed. And to hear my family so excited was so awesome. I spend about 10-15 hours scripting and perfecting the timing right and another 10+ hours fusing and setting up the show. So I am guessing that is why I might have gotten a little emotional over it lol.

I know the feeling for sure. I was a little emotional like that after my first efired show and then when my first scripted show last 4th fired mostly as expected.

We use to just line up a bunch a cakes and light them one by one. I moved to efiring after I lit a cake that was placed upside down. It righted itself after the first shot but almost put a damper on things.

I enjoy designing and scripting the shows and then analyzing the video afterwards. The shows themselves are fun but I'm too focused on safety aspects and other things to really enjoy them like my audience. I'm often two steps ahead waiting for that one cake, shell etc to fire that I had questions about. And of course unexpected dark sky seems like an eternity with plenty of time to kick yourself over as it's happening...lol. Occasionally I'll be amazed by something I didn't expect much out of, like a bunch of $2 cakes fused together. I'll stand there thinking.....was that really them? Of course the best part is knowing everything fired safely and the audience loved it. That's when I can finally start to celebrate the occasion and enjoy the videos of the show. I'm exaggerating but in many ways each show reminds me of the birth of a child.

Schooter4
01-03-2021, 02:14 PM
I am already planning my 4th show! I hope it turns out even better.