PDA

View Full Version : Very fitting day for my type 54 interview.

215less
12-31-2020, 03:07 PM
I finally had my interview for the type 54 permit. The woman couldn't have been anymore nicer and believed we talked more about non related pyrotechnic things then the actual interview itself. Total interview was less then 15 minutes and really helped already having a copy of the orange book beforehand.

Was told 6+ weeks for the permit to come in the mail as a lot of the agency employees take time off in November - February time, just a heads up for those still waiting. The best time to apply is April thru July as I asked the inspector for those wondering.

Timeframe (for southeastern PA office for reference) from the beginning is October 22: mailed out packet, November 5th: credit card charged. December 21st: question on place of business and December 31st: interview.

Happy & safe firing this evening YA!!!!

ssmith512
12-31-2020, 04:54 PM
Congrats!! I remember waiting for my envelope to arrive after my interview. It sure seemed WAY longer than it actually was.

snickels
01-07-2021, 10:36 AM
When I had my interview a couple of years ago my agent said she was so excited to meet a woman in the field. lol! We talked for over an hour about everything. (Typical Girl Thing. lol!) I let my Type 54 expire because I didn't use it as much as I thought I would and I now work in the field, but once or twice a year I'll hear from friends that she was asking how I was doing. I think that is awesome.

Arclight
01-07-2021, 01:59 PM
When I did my magazine inspect a year and a half ago, the guy stopped by on the way home from a family trip (my facility is in the middle of nowhere in the desert). The whole thing is way less scary than it sounds.

hatsgoods
01-09-2021, 09:07 PM
When I had my interview a couple of years ago my agent said she was so excited to meet a woman in the field. lol! We talked for over an hour about everything. (Typical Girl Thing. lol!) I let my Type 54 expire because I didn't use it as much as I thought I would and I now work in the field, but once or twice a year I'll hear from friends that she was asking how I was doing. I think that is awesome.

Yes same for me the atf agent that interviewed me was female and chilled for about 2 hours after 30 mins of official stuff cuz I was her last person to see that day and she lived in north jersey when I was in south jersey near Philadelphia but was going to her duathers house for weekend that the duaghter only lived 20 min from me so I'm glad she got family time. My first of 2 atf agents once I had my 54 signed off to me and active where both female too and very chilled and all 3 where shocked to see a female ( me ) applying and getting approved for a 54.

215less
01-09-2021, 11:11 PM
Only 9 days later and I received my white envelope and became official. Thanks everyone for all the help over the years.