PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline fireballs below 32 degrees/winter

joed2323
12-28-2020, 12:36 PM
I've shot plenty of gasoline fireballs in the summer but never in the middle of winter.

I have a show coming up next Saturday, I have 6 scripted in my show. I have always filled the bottom of the tubes with enough water to submerge the charge to eliminate any fallout.

My question or worry is that with Temps near the mid teens, I am worried that the water may possibly freeze? Not sure if the water could freeze in that amount of time?
I figure I will prep the tubes a hour or so before shoot time.

Has anyone shot fuel mines mines in winter and if so what precautions do I need to take to ensure it can be done safely?

specialfxpyro
12-28-2020, 02:30 PM
Add some RV anti freeze to the water and you'll be fine. The RV anti freeze is non toxic so it preferable to standard auto anti freeze.

It's been tested and works fine.

joed2323
12-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Add some RV anti freeze to the water and you'll be fine. The RV anti freeze is non toxic so it preferable to standard auto anti freeze.

It's been tested and works fine.

Awesome, thanks you sir!

MortarRack
12-30-2020, 02:51 PM
I've shot plenty of gasoline fireballs in the summer but never in the middle of winter.

I have a show coming up next Saturday, I have 6 scripted in my show. I have always filled the bottom of the tubes with enough water to submerge the charge to eliminate any fallout.

My question or worry is that with Temps near the mid teens, I am worried that the water may possibly freeze? Not sure if the water could freeze in that amount of time?
I figure I will prep the tubes a hour or so before shoot time.

Has anyone shot fuel mines mines in winter and if so what precautions do I need to take to ensure it can be done safely?

Salt water would work too

joed2323
12-30-2020, 06:03 PM
Salt water would work too

Thank you sir, I have some Rv antifreeze on hand that I will use