PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Weather & Pyro

FinnAmerican
12-27-2020, 03:06 AM
It's down to just four days until New Year's Eve...Up here in SE Michigan the forecast calls for cold weather (mid 30's with rain & snow). I hope the rain ends before 11PM with little wind.
No matter what the weather brings, I'll be shooting...🧨
How's your upcoming weather forecast effecting pyro plans...

topshelfpyro
12-27-2020, 03:56 AM
98% chance of rain all day and 75% all night so far here in GA.....gonna suck matching and bagging.....but little chance of fire this way....lol. I'm not shooting but i'm helping my son with his shoot.

Icooclast
12-27-2020, 10:44 AM
too cold here to do anything but crank up the heat, get a cup of hot chocolate and get under a blanket to watch some TV online. lol. i'm a big ol' wuss when it comes to the cold.
when i don't have to be in it, i'm sure others know what i mean, lol.

Birdman
12-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Calling for rain here but unseasonably warm weather. I'm using a board which I will wrap in plastic if the weather doesn't change. My main concern is storms with higher winds and harder rains which are currently forecasted for New Years day. Still plenty of time for things to shift one way or the other so I will be watching the weather closely.

hatsgoods
12-27-2020, 01:40 PM
i really hate mother nature. she can go f herself for all i care. its gonna be 15 with -3 wind chill and 10 to 15 mph constant winds with ice all day dec 31st to 1.5 to 3 ft of snow here so i hogly doubt ill do anything. i hate this world cuz covid its really not hart to make and glove the hell up too. people need to grow the hell up too.

joewad
12-27-2020, 01:55 PM
90% rain then snow mix here. Still planning to shoot, never have much faith in forecasts this many days out. Planning a couple of larger 1.3 cakes, one board of smaller 1.3 cakes, a case of 1.75 color canisters, 75 1.75 salutes and four 5 inch salutes. Hell, the distant neighbors would think something was wrong if I didn't put something in the air. Most come out to watch.

LordKevin
12-27-2020, 02:39 PM
It's been forecasted to rain all day on NYE for the last few days. Forecast just changed last night to no rain, crossing my fingers it will stay that way. I'm working on cake boards and I really don't want to have to bag everything.

jamisonlm3
12-27-2020, 02:57 PM
They were predicting a 60-70% chance of rain and thunderstorms here last week, but now it's changed to 30-35% with just the possibility of a thunder. I'm hoping that percentage will drop more the closer to the 31st we get. Either way, it's not supposed to be as cold here as they were predicting earlier either. It'll be windy, but I'll take it over rain any day.

BMoore
12-27-2020, 03:15 PM
100% chance of heavy rain NYE. I’ll be bagging and tarping and going ahead with my little 5 minute show as long as the winds don’t pick up.

displayfireworks1
12-27-2020, 06:56 PM
Look like rain in the forecast in the Pittsburgh Pa area where I live.

FinnAmerican
12-27-2020, 07:33 PM
I just had my prays answered. The forecast of snow & rain has been upgraded to no snow & rain for the Metro Detroit area. Just hope everyone's day can be free of heavy precipitation. I just hope for no heavy winds. Last NYE was so windy that I just stayed in my garage tossing firecrackers on the back patio.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-27-2020, 09:22 PM
A chilly 69F forecast here in Tampa with a 50% chance of rain. Standard stuff. Much nicer than the 35F that we woke up with today! Not built for that anymore.

Birdman
12-28-2020, 11:32 AM
A chilly 69F forecast here....

Chilly.....HAHAHAHAHA

Hoosierhick
12-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Rick in Tampa . We came down in your neck of the woods this week. What part of Tampa are you shooting ?

specialfxpyro
12-29-2020, 12:01 AM
Doing a NYE show at Sesame Place in Pa. They have been calling for rain but the chance seems to be dropping. Temps in the 40's are pretty much as good as it gets this time of year. Show goes at 7pm so I should be home in time to do a safe and sane show at midnight. I'm limited to safe and sane living in NJ.

Allentown, Pa. cancelled our rooftop show for NYE because of covid. That really sucks because I was really looking forward to shooting that show. Last year we got snow showers during and after the show.

jamisonlm3
12-29-2020, 12:17 AM
Chilly.....HAHAHAHAHAThat's what it's supposed to be here on the 31s too. Supposed to be scattered showers. The sun might even poke it's head out. If it does and the rain holds off, it's going be a nice day all in all.

Birdman
12-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Doing a NYE show at Sesame Place in Pa. They have been calling for rain but the chance seems to be dropping. Temps in the 40's are pretty much as good as it gets this time of year. Show goes at 7pm so I should be home in time to do a safe and sane show at midnight. I'm limited to safe and sane living in NJ.

Allentown, Pa. cancelled our rooftop show for NYE because of covid. That really sucks because I was really looking forward to shooting that show. Last year we got snow showers during and after the show.

I'll be shooting on NYE just outside of Allentown. I didn't even realize they did a NYE show. Weather at midnight is looking better now. Rain during the day but some drying out at night before more rain New Years Day.

Greenville Pyro
12-29-2020, 12:19 PM
It looks like over an inch of rain here on NYE. The wife (already annoyed at a new fireworks event) has vetoed standing out in the rain so it'll be tomorrow night. We will rain in new years eve, eve.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Rick in Tampa . We came down in your neck of the woods this week. What part of Tampa are you shooting ?

I actually live about 25 miles due East of Tampa in a city called Valrico. Our community has a 300' x 600' retention pond that is 5 houses down from me. That's where I set up and shoot.

I normally don't shoot on NYE because I'm working. This year I lucked out and I'm off and I just bought 56 cases for my 2021 July 4th show. So I need to get rid of some leftover stuff from this past year. No script, no music, no particular thought process. Just going to hook up a bunch of stuff and probably let the kids take turns shooting stuff until we run out of stuff to shoot! lol...

Birdman
12-29-2020, 06:21 PM
Here's a very crude concept video I made of my planned show. Not exact but close. The finale should be slower and will not be as big since I will only be firing from one position and not 3. I added more of the crackle cake (Black Thunder) at the end. The video only has one but I will be firing 1 and then 2 leading up to the finale. Short and sweet.....if it goes as planned :cool:

https://youtu.be/_H29iwFTv60