PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Legislation 2021

royalrooter77
12-22-2020, 10:43 AM
Just thought I would include the pyro community on this. A couple years ago we tried to get all consumer fireworks legalized here in Connecticut. Thanks to the hard work of Mike Dapkus and friends a bill made it about half way through the legislative process before losing steam.

There is now another group of folks trying again this year to get the job done and get consumer fireworks legalized here. This year it looks like testimony to the committees will be done online through Zoom or through Emails so it is very easy to show your support.

If you are an importer, fundraising stand operator or you live in Connecticut please reach out to me on here, Facebook: Steve Gelineau or linkedIn: Steve Gelineau. We are looking for help on this ASAP as the session begins in two weeks.

On a side note why do pyro's not check their LinkedIn accounts ever?

Steve Gelineau

Salutecake
12-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Good Luck royalrooter77!!!! I really hate even to bring this up but, you NY and NJ need to get a whole new bunch of politicians elected in before any laws get changed, not only fireworks but firearms.

royalrooter77
12-22-2020, 09:08 PM
No need to remind me, I know our politicians are garbage. That being said, we have a democrat who will likely be introducing a bill here so I cant complain too much. Hopefully we get some non partisan support.

Salutecake
12-26-2020, 08:38 AM
I didn't mean to rub anything in royalrooter77. I think (at least for now) I just feel so fortunate to be able to do stuff in PA, period! Being next to NJ and NY, I can't believe the number of people that feel the need to be protected by their government.

royalrooter77
02-02-2021, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to give anyone following this topic an update. A bill has been proposed here in Connecticut to expand consumer fireworks allowed to include all CPSC allowed devices. This was proposed by Democratic Representative Kerry Wood within the Commerce Committee. The bill is HB 6046. As of now the bill is only a rough framework but it appears the bill will be similar to a proposed bill from 2019. It looks like the bill is off to the Public Safety Committee for review. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Salutecake
02-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Good Luck!!!!

chriskrc
02-05-2021, 12:13 PM
Good luck to you, hopefully it passes for you guys.

RalphieJ
02-05-2021, 03:02 PM
Just wanted to give anyone following this topic an update. A bill has been proposed here in Connecticut to expand consumer fireworks allowed to include all CPSC allowed devices. This was proposed by Democratic Representative Kerry Wood within the Commerce Committee. The bill is HB 6046. As of now the bill is only a rough framework but it appears the bill will be similar to a proposed bill from 2019. It looks like the bill is off to the Public Safety Committee for review. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there's a hidden caveat in there........possibly drastic curbs on when our holiday toys can be enjoyed, or, more likely, a hefty tax on aerial devices. Never trust any politician.........their two most import issues are 1) getting elected, and 2) getting re-elected. Everything else is inconsequential.