PDA

View Full Version : I want to purchase insurance.

Chad101
12-20-2020, 05:08 PM
I would like to purchase insurance for my shows. I shoot 4 (not for profit) shows a year for the subdivision I live in (private property).

IF my license arrives in time (before NYE), I plan on adding 6 to 12 - 3” shells, 1 - 100 shot titanium salute cake, and 1- 15 second 600 shot fan cake (no report) for the finale.

On the consumer end (typical show), Im shooting 1000 canister shells and 8 - 500 gram cakes.

Crowd size typically rages between 80 to 150 people (bigger turnouts during warm weather of course).

Any recommendations? I understand this isn’t going to be cheap. BUT, neither are fireworks. It’s an expensive hobby...

ssmith512
12-20-2020, 05:29 PM
Would an Umbrella policy attached to your Home Owner's insurance be sufficient? You can get $1,000,000 umbrella riders for not too much coin.

Chad101
12-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Would an Umbrella policy attached to your Home Owner's insurance be sufficient? You can get $1,000,000 umbrella riders for not too much coin.

I didn’t think about that. Good point! I’ll give them a call tomorrow morning.

I also requested a quote from a company I found through a Google search. But I don’t expect to hear back from them until tomorrow as well.

Arclight
12-20-2020, 11:33 PM
I sent a PM.

displayfireworks1
12-21-2020, 12:18 PM
I have one insurance broker on the pyrotalk sponsor page. Give them a call.

Arclight
12-21-2020, 02:06 PM

Oh, nice to see that Debbie from Combined Specialties is a sponsor. I use them for my blasting policy and they are one of the few places that are even feasible for a small operator.

Chad101
12-21-2020, 09:51 PM
I sent a PM.

Got it thanks!

Chad101
12-21-2020, 09:52 PM

Will do! Thanks!

JoeyV.
03-25-2021, 06:25 PM
Chad,

Hard thing about getting Pyro insurance is they want to have been a lead shooter on at least 4 shows. By lead shooter I mean work for a major Pyro company and be the #1. So far I have been unable to get real Pyro insurance. Please if you find a way I would love to be covered too!

displayfireworks1
03-25-2021, 07:30 PM
One of my advertisers Debbie Merlino of CSI Insurance has provided options for many. I'll post the website here for you. You are going to find the usual "State Farm" type of insurance does not cover fireworks displays outside of your own property. This is specialty insurance. CSI is one of maybe two brokers for this type of insurance. After speaking with a few people insured, they are involved in some fashion in the business. Usually advanced shooters with documented proof they worked for a professional company (part time is OK) , have a PGI certification (for whatever that is worth) have references etc. ... You need to be more than a cold caller unknown. ..... Although you can be a cold caller unknown, but they pricing may reflect that.... If you are ATF licensed there may be options from the distributor adding you as a rider. Also keep in mind this "Fireworks Insurance" may or most likely may not include transportation insurance or workers compensation on the people you hire to help with the display.
http://csi.longtermsolutions.com/
Transporting a "For Profit" "In Commerce" fireworks display on the highway, is a whole other set of issues. We as fireworks hobbyist not for profit are exempt from many of these DOT requirements.