PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Excalibur Platinum & Goliath Fireworks have tubes that are too long

MortarRack
12-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,
I was opening some boxes of Excalibur Platinum & Goliath Fireworks when I noticed the some of the tubes were about 1.5" longer making the fuse only stick out about 1". ONe box had 1 long, and the other had 2. I made a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymyczKEMMYQ

Is this happening to anyone else?

Icooclast
12-20-2020, 01:02 PM
would the first excals tube be different than the platinum ones because of the first being 1.75 and i think the new ones are 4 or 5 inch tall on the platinum shells? basically: could the shell height be the problem here?

Birdman
12-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Odd that a single box would contain two different length tubes. I recall hearing about an excal recall for this exact issue (i.e. short fuse) some time ago. Maybe these weren't caught by that recall? In any case I think there's plenty of fuse sticking out so I personally don't see a problem.

jamisonlm3
12-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Part of me thinks that's by design. Along with the black plastic top, if you load a shell upside down, it would be pretty hard to light the fuse. The other part of me thinks it's a production problem. Earlier in the year, there was a problem with the excals of their fuse being too short that even with the normal depth mortars, the fuse would only stick out around 1/4" or so. Maybe it's like that? Then again, isn't Jake's making these mortars? The fuse could be the normal length, but they made their mortars longer and this is the result? Maybe they started to make a longer mortar becaus of the longer shell? Either way, I think 1" of fuse is fine even with the longer mortar. If someone want to make a rack with these, they just to cut them to length or make a slightly taller rack.

MortarRack
12-20-2020, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I noticed because they had two different sizes in one box. It is not the fuse length, it is the tube. I got these from a Jake's store.