PDA

View Full Version : Nye fireworks

PyroNASH
12-13-2020, 10:24 AM
Hi all, I am new to the pyro world and this will be my first new years display. I am wondering how the cold will affect my fireworks. I want to get a majority of it set up while it's still light out but am not sure if 5 hours in the cold will affect my fuse, cakes, mortar racks. Any advice is appreciated. Also I have a 4 que system with red dragon ignitors from pyroboom. Does the cold affect that stuff too?

Any advice/ criticism appreciated

Birdman
12-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Batteries are probably your biggest concern in cold weather. The cold can cause batteries to weaken. I suggest using quality new batteries and either not keep the batteries out in the cold all day or find a way to warm them up before the show. The fireworks should be fine. I did have an issue once in the fall where we had warm weather during the day and at night it got cold and dew/frost collected as it got colder at night. I had a fountain that was placed directly on the ground and it got damp enough that a section fuse that was touching the bottom of the fountain absorbed moisture from ground and didn't burn. Everything else fired just fine including a second fountain. If it's cold all day this shouldn't be concern.

PyroNASH
12-13-2020, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep the module inside until show time and just hook up the ignitors right before. I just want to minimize the amount of set up time in the cold lol. I'm up in Michigan so it gets super cold but then again it could be 50. Thanks for the reply birdman

PyroKing31
12-14-2020, 11:13 AM
I was actaully thinking about this last night. as I use some *gasp* milk crates and wondering about the plastic being more fragile in winter. I am going to keep them inside until its close to showtime to help with this

BMoore
12-14-2020, 11:31 AM
I shoot a very small one module show on NYE that sits outside for 6-7 hours. If it's going to be below freezing I'll take a hand warmer and throw into the Cobra case just to keep the temperature of the batteries up. I also sit the module on a board to keep it off the ground. Other than that cold air is generally dry air unless it's raining or snowing. As far as the product goes, its going to better off in cold conditions than in typical hot & humid summer weather.