PDA

View Full Version : PA 1.3 Distributors

YorkPyro
12-13-2020, 12:27 AM
I am sending my application in for my 1.3 license as soon as I get my finger printing done. I will have a Type 4 storage container but was also curious if there was any 1.3 distributors local to York PA that when I went to do my shows I could go buy any extra 1.3 product I'd like to have for a show. If anyone has any insight on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time and sharing of knowledge regarding the subject.

jknepp1954
12-13-2020, 08:40 AM
I am not a 1.3 person - but I use to be back 15 yr ago. Don't restrict yourself to "THE CLOSEST" necessarily. There are several throughout the state. Pricing and "types" of products that you need should be your preferrerance instead. According to Dave's Sponsors on here there are only 2 listed, but there are probably at least 6+ more. After a lousy 1.3 last year for shows, and this yr looking grim as well - there might be some mom & pop businesses going out of 1.3. So keep that in mind.
The sponsored 1.3 are - Kellners, Fire Art - both are in PA - and American Fireworks in Hudson, Ohio.

YorkPyro
12-13-2020, 11:50 AM
Right on, I know what you're saying but for me to drive 4hrs to Kellner's and 4hrs back for a "backyard" show doesn't really make sense. That's the only reason I was looking for "local" 1.3 places. Hey appreciate your response and sharing because I defiantly do want to make the trip to Kellners some time to check it out. But yes the "mom and pop" 1.3 places are kind of what i was looking for, to see if anyone knows of any.

tmwjr
12-13-2020, 01:39 PM
Fire Art is closer to you by about an hour and a half. They have nice product.

shake the cove
12-13-2020, 04:56 PM
Both my distributors which are on dave's site Cassabella and Lynch imports are 4-5 hrs away. Leave 7am there by lunch do lunch and pick up product and home by 6-7 pm. I usually try to get most of my product on demo days or next morning. saves on gas at 20mpg on the truck about $55 dollars.You can't get product shipped for that. I try to get some 1.4 product for friends and charge a little to offset my gas. You can always get product for two july 4ths and save that way also.

Salutecake
12-14-2020, 09:43 AM
What's the size of your "Type 4 storage Container"? To me, that could be anywhere from a job box to a shipping container size. If an 8'x8' size container you can fit a lot of 1.3 stuff and a shipping container would take a lot of loads in a pickup truck to fill if that's your case either a nice ride or shipping. A job box, to me, a place to store some, but mostly to store leftovers. My 2cents, either way your lucky to end up with storage.

YorkPyro
12-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Just an indoor Jobox. My property is to small I believe to have an outdoor storage magazine. Other peoples building or houses are to close. But ill talk to the ATF rep when he comes for my interview. With an indoor magazine you are allowed 50lbs of pryo weight. Which can add up quick depending on what you are putting in it. and with having the restrictions on the amount of time id have to use them after purchase and hour day just to pick product up is a lot. but if thats what has to happen. ill make sure its worth it!!

specialfxpyro
01-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Check your PMs

displayfireworks1
01-21-2021, 01:57 PM
You need to get ATF approved first. Then worry about set B and C.

BMoore
01-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Whenever I see these questions, it makes me wonder how the ATF views a job box as primary storage. You are limited to 50lbs so what happens when they review your acquisition records and see that you bought more than 50lbs of product? Did you have a storage violation even though you fired it the same day? Can they require you to have a contingency agreement even if you have an approved type 4 job box? If so then your contingency agreement has to be within a reasonable distance.

At any rate, Dave is right. Get approved first. No sense in planning your shopping expedition until you are allowed to shop!

RalphieJ
01-21-2021, 06:21 PM
Look at what's being sold on ebay...........SMH

https://www.ebay.com/i/274646449565?ul_noapp=true

specialfxpyro
01-22-2021, 10:37 PM
Look at what's being sold on ebay...........SMH

https://www.ebay.com/i/274646449565?ul_noapp=true

In conversations with ATF agents about ematch and other things sold on ebay they told us that they know all about it. However they will only go after those with enough assets to make it worth there while.