PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Florida

LordKevin
12-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Just saying hi. I have been watching Dave's videos for some time now and reading alot of form posts. I have been into fireworks since I was a kids but I just recently got into setting up actual shows. I did my first real show this 4th of July with all the cakes and mortars fused together with visco. I just got a cobra system on black Friday and I plan to use it for this new years eve. Also, I am working on getting contingency storage and applying for my type 54 soon.

I really appreciate all the information and community on this forum.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk.

lewis4x4
12-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Hey man, I am also from North Florida. Where do you live?

lewis4x4
12-11-2020, 09:17 PM
I’m doing a Cobra Show with 56 Modules and over 900 Cues New Years Eve in Branford, Florida. Not sure how far that is from you.

LordKevin
12-11-2020, 11:10 PM
I'm in St. Augustine, so about 2hrs from you. That's an awesome setup. Are you using cobra show creator? I have 4 modules and I'm still in the planning stage for new years I have my placements drawn out but I haven't finished the show script.

lewis4x4
12-12-2020, 08:07 AM
I have used Cobra Show Creator in the past but I am using Finale3d now.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard Kevin from Tampa. Congrats on the Cobra system. You're going to love it. Did you get an audibox too?

LordKevin
12-14-2020, 10:59 PM
Welcome aboard Kevin from Tampa. Congrats on the Cobra system. You're going to love it. Did you get an audibox too?

No, I didn't. But after watching some of the pyro musicals on the forum, I am thinking about it. Do you have one, and if so what are you using for speakers?

Rick_In_Tampa
12-15-2020, 10:59 PM
No, I didn't. But after watching some of the pyro musicals on the forum, I am thinking about it. Do you have one, and if so what are you using for speakers?

I do have one. I made the plunge 3 years ago. Got tired of watching other people doing pyro musicals and not me! If you know that's what you want to do, make the plunge and get one. You won't regret it. It takes your show to a whole new level.

As for the sound system, our fellow Pyro Talk expert PyroJoeNEPA spec'd one out for me. The man knows his audio! If you do a search for "sound system" you should find the thread. It has all the details. Honestly, I would recommend you shoot him a PM and ask him to help you out. He's a great guy and like I said, extremely knowledgeable about sound systems and pyro.