PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Ban Fireworks - Michigan

FinnAmerican
12-09-2020, 06:57 PM
I found this:
https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/ban-the-use-of-fireworks

Rick_In_Tampa
12-09-2020, 09:21 PM
ROFLMAO.... "all wildlife is stressed from the blasts." Who wrote this article? Dr. Doolittle? Toxic metals fall all over our gardens and yards where our children play?? OMG... I think the cheese slipped all the way off this gal's cracker. Worse yet, there are some 4K plus knuckleheads that agree with her so far! smh...

CozmicRooster
12-09-2020, 10:57 PM
ROFLMAO.... "all wildlife is stressed from the blasts." Who wrote this article? Dr. Doolittle? Toxic metals fall all over our gardens and yards where our children play?? OMG... I think the cheese slipped all the way off this gal's cracker. Worse yet, there are some 4K plus knuckleheads that agree with her so far! smh...

Perception is reality...

BMoore
12-10-2020, 11:28 AM
Pick anything and you'll find people who complain about it. That's what people do for fun these days....complain. The whole stress on wildlife argument might technically have some merit, but just about everything humans do has a negative effect on wildlife. What I know for sure is one year I was shooting and 3 deer walked up from the woods probably 200 feet away and stood at the treeline and watched the whole show! After the show they realized there were people and scurried off. Now maybe they were too scared to move. Maybe they were so concerned that they felt like they better keep an eye on the situation. I don't know what goes through the mind of a dear but it sure looked to me like they were just part of the audience.

RalphieJ
12-10-2020, 05:03 PM
The same letter, almost word for word, appears in our local paper here in the Hudson Valley (NY) every few years. We have a single-A baseball team that shoots every Fri., Sat. and Sun. home games. When it was on the town agenda I attended the meeting. Turns out it's one guy with multiple complaints.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Perception is reality...

Funny you should mention that phrase. That is exactly what I used to tell the troops that worked for me back in my Air Force days. It doesn't matter how hard you think you work or how good you think your product is, if people think you're a POS, then you're a POS.

Having said that... I have another maxim I live by. Whenever someone speaks in absolutes, you can immediately dismiss their statement as pure BS, as the only absolute in life is death. For this lady to make the claim that "all wildlife is stressed.." immediately moves her argument to the BS pile. If you're position is so weak that you have to use over the top rhetoric to convince me, then don't bother. I'm not buying it.