PDA

View Full Version : 30 days until NYE!

FinnAmerican
12-02-2020, 03:34 PM
30 days Countdown till New Year's Eve.
Whose ready..? Got your pyro product ready..?

I can't wait..The cold weather doesn't bother me, but I hope it's not too windy. I've got enough stashed away for New Year's Eve. I hope the numbers of shooters increases this year; just like the Fourth.

ssmith512
12-02-2020, 04:30 PM
I want to. Badly. Especially since I am new Type 54 holder. But...........technically a permit is required to set off 1.3 in my State. Not sure I want to go through the whole red tape ordeal just for a few Thunderkings and or some 3" salutes at midnight.

Birdman
12-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Have a 2 minute script with soundtrack ready and most of the product. Just need a couple of 200G cakes and fuse up my MC rack. Hoping to have that done next weekend.

Side note: I had a few dollars on a gift cert from phantom and received a 75% off coupon for Black Friday. Figured it was a good time to finally use the remaining balance. Anyway....it was slim pickings. Only a few different 500g and 200g cakes were in stock. They had a fairly decent amount of fountains and reloadables. Some isles were empty or were stocked with only one or two different cakes. One isle was nothing but a pink 200g gender reveal cake. Never saw it that empty before. The guy who checked me out said they have product on ships but are having issues getting it into US ports. He was not aware of any issues getting product out of China. Unless they get more product in soon, anyone going there for NYE fireworks is going to be greatly disappointed. I was lucky to find a $100 :eek: 500g 9 shot that I got for $25 ($4 out of pocket after gift card) :cool:.

jamisonlm3
12-02-2020, 09:46 PM
I hope it's not cold and I especially hope the wind isn't blowing. If it's both, it's going to be zero fun.

Robbro097
12-02-2020, 09:54 PM
I've got stuff all set asside for a lil show nothing much but should be fun im just gonna glue stuff to a board and wire in2 slats so should b simple set up just take it out hook up cables and shoot

hatsgoods
12-02-2020, 11:11 PM
im just putting everything on a 2x4 half inch osb sheet of ply wood with 2 holes drilled to tie rope to pick up afterwards in the park thes on the other side of the street in the back of my apartment. i need a permit but im not in the mood to deal with with moody ass district fire chief, dont get me wrong, she nice but can be a moody bitch. so im using the newer white quick hobby visco fuse that burns at quarter second per foot on everything. i have 10 or 12 200 gram cakes, about 20 or so tubes i tore apart from 25 shot 500 gram cake that only first 5 shots went and a crap ton of larger crackers. its most;y gonna be pretty cold so ill do it in my apartment the day before to let glue dry ( DEC 30th ) and then at around 11 : 50 pm new years eve ill put the board on my trolly and walk it over to the park thats a 5 min walk from door to the open feild in back of park farther away from the assisted living and other apartment complex and put a foot long of perfect - 10 second fuse on fast visco and have it all one fuse but with in the board ill have it doubled and tripped up so it lights everything faster and then wait about 5 mins after the board is done doing off and putt some water on it and come back in daylight to retrieve it somebody dont throw out it already. if they do all well but it be nice to reuse the board and save a few pennies cuz shit a penny is a penny.