belmec3825
12-02-2020, 01:03 PM
New to this site and am excited to be here

Greenville Pyro
12-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Welcome. Come join us crazies!

Birdman
12-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the site. Jump in...the water is warm!

Crush630
12-02-2020, 05:49 PM
welcome neighbor

PyroJoeNEPA
12-02-2020, 07:30 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Welcome aboard! Tell us more about you. What do you do for the 4th? What do you shoot? 1.4 or 1.3? Both?

displayfireworks1
12-02-2020, 08:54 PM

Tell us something about you and fireworks. Its helps if we know what experience level you are at, or what experience level you want to go to.

hatsgoods
12-02-2020, 10:46 PM
hey from madison WI. i was born and raised in new jersey near Philly PA but i live in madison wiscon now. im about 1/4 mile from sunpraire and about 8 miles from the state capitol building in downtown madison. im around 5 miles from downtown sunpraire. if you ever wanna get together and shoot ley me know by sending email at njpyrogirl29@gmail.com. i belong WPAG- wisconsin pyrotechnic guild artist club. there's a user here by the name of scotty rockets and he belongs to WPAG too. so, hello. ;) . check me out on youtube at username hatsgoods - kelli r. hartman and i have a few wisconsin pyro videos on my youtube page. if you have any questions and need help please let me know.

Wholesale Fireworks
12-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to make connections and learn. Check us out if you get a chance http://www.wfboom.com and watch some product video. We can ship to WI if need any product for New Year's.

belmec3825
12-07-2020, 09:58 AM

since our 2020 downtown fireworks were cancelled due to covid, i purchased some last minute stuff at uncle sam's fireworks near me. i did not have a big budget, about $225, but to my surprise and the joy of my guests, we had a small show that everyone liked. the thing i didn't like was being up front and having to crane my neck up to see the show. that got me thinking about a remote set up for next year. i made a (wired) control panel that could have as many as 50 cues and runs off a boat battery.

as i started then playing with making my own ematches i started running across so many sites about those and making my own fireworks. then i ran across skylighter.com and a few others like it and started reading. i figured, hey, i can do this. longer story short, i have the basic 75-15-10 bp down to an art with a small rock tumbler from harbor freight. the stuff is so fine after a few hours that, i my opinion, is like a slow flash powder, and it buns so clean and little to know residue. i've got the basics of making granules down and i can make a pretty decent star.

i can make my own tubes. but my first question is how do i make my stars shoot higher that 4 feet? i get maybe 6 feet at best but they seem to do more burning on the ground than anything. i'd like to reduce the changes of starting fires? the tubes i've been making are 1/2" i.d. and 5" long.

also, where can i test this stuff without feeling like i'm gonna be arrested? i'm not to be doing this at home as my girlfriend says no, and i respect that.

Scotty Rockets
12-07-2020, 01:12 PM
I’m from WI as well... After reading through you last post reply I highly recommend you join a club such as WPAG. The meets and shoots are about an hour from you. We have many experienced and friendly shooters and great builders that will gladly help and teach.

http://www.wpag.us

https://facebook.com/wpagpyrotechinics/