PDA

View Full Version : Making chained 3" and 4" shells with 2 or 3 second delays

NewPyro93
11-27-2020, 06:50 PM
I've looked all over the forums and couldn't find any answers. I see fireart sells a "Chain Fuse w/12 Layers w/3 Second Delay - Single Chain" but what does that mean exactly? Does it mean it's a chain for 12 shells with a 3 sec delay between each shells? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Even if i had to make my own chain with 3 second delay between each shell would be fine but I don't know how to do it. If someone could show or tell me how I would forever be grateful

PyroJoeNEPA
11-27-2020, 07:35 PM
The chains Fire Art have are just as you thought. 3 seconds between each shell.
As for making your own, it is a lot of work.You have to have 1/4" time fuse and quick match to do it.[and a lot of patience.]
If time allows, I will show you how to do it at the club shoot on Saturday.

NewPyro93
11-27-2020, 08:12 PM
The chains Fire Art have are just as you thought. 3 seconds between each shell.
As for making your own, it is a lot of work.You have to have 1/4" time fuse and quick match to do it.[and a lot of patience.]
If time allows, I will show you how to do it at the club shoot on Saturday.

Omg yes please do show me if you have time

PyroKing31
11-30-2020, 07:04 PM
I have made my own chains of doubles, triples, quads and as many as 10 with my own method that does work.

1. Cut the visco leader off the the QM leader
2. cut a slit about an inch and a half down the QM leader.
3. Pinch the QM leader to open the end and push the color/speed fuse of your choice through the hole and then through the slit.
4. Pull through as much as you need for the next shell or shells
5. Tape up both ends with magic tape, on the open end and the slit.
6. Repeat as many time as needed.

The visco of your choice goes through the leader and lights it and the shell goes and the visco keeps burning onto the next shell. Using different speeds will give you different results. If you are limited on cues, DIY chains are a great way to expand your show.

I found Pink Perfect fuse on 3" shells is perfect for having them go one after another without any dead air and without going sky puke.

I can photo this in a few days when I am off work to show you if that helps.

NewPyro93
11-30-2020, 07:26 PM
I have made my own chains of doubles, triples, quads and as many as 10 with my own method that does work.

1. Cut the visco leader off the the QM leader
2. cut a slit about an inch and a half down the QM leader.
3. Pinch the QM leader to open the end and push the color/speed fuse of your choice through the hole and then through the slit.
4. Pull through as much as you need for the next shell or shells
5. Tape up both ends with magic tape, on the open end and the slit.
6. Repeat as many time as needed.

The visco of your choice goes through the leader and lights it and the shell goes and the visco keeps burning onto the next shell. Using different speeds will give you different results. If you are limited on cues, DIY chains are a great way to expand your show.

I found Pink Perfect fuse on 3" shells is perfect for having them go one after another without any dead air and without going sky puke.

I can photo this in a few days when I am off work to show you if that helps.

If you can send me a photo of it to my email or send me a picture on here that would be greatly appreciated. My email is srtbaycora@hotmail.com

PyroKing31
12-01-2020, 01:38 PM
I will do that for you on my next day off.

NewPyro93
12-01-2020, 09:21 PM
I will do that for you on my next day off.

Thank you so much. I was just going to buy fire arts chained fuse with delay and call it a day but i enjoy doing everything myself if I can. Seems more of a accomplishment for me